This wasn’t your fault. Someone else’s negligence left you injured and changed the course of your life. While it isn’t fair, you are the one who is left in pain, you are the one who needs medical treatment, and you are the one who can’t work because of your injuries.
You are the one who is suffering, but you shouldn’t be the one to pay for your injuries.
Instead, you should pursue a fair recovery from the person who hurt you or that person’s insurance company. This can be difficult and it can be stressful, but you don’t have to do it alone.
The attorneys of Hupy and Abraham have been helping personal injury victims for the past fifty years. Our award-winning lawyers have offices in three convenient Illinois locations, including Bloomington, Gurnee, and Rockford. It is our job to answer all of your questions and to help you make the best decisions possible after a personal injury.
Make the Decision That Is Right for You
We join you in the wish that this injury had never happened to you. Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do, or that we can do, to undo the accident that left you hurt. However, there is a lot that we can do to help you recover and to minimize the impact of the injuries that you have suffered.
The choice is up to you. You have the right to do nothing and to pay all of your own expenses. You have the right to represent yourself and to do your best against experienced insurance adjusters and attorneys who work day in and day out to pay injury victims as little as possible.
You also have the right to contact an experienced Illinois personal injury lawyer, who can make your life easier, and who will:
- Let you know if you have a claim.
- File your Illinois injury claim.
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters.
- Represent you in court.
- Fight hard for the full and fair recovery that you deserve.
Our Illinois personal injury attorneys are with you every step of the way. Before you hire us, however, we encourage you to talk to us. Set up a free, no-obligation consultation and get to know us. You have nothing to lose, and potentially much to gain, from such a meeting.
What Could I Gain?
In Illinois, you have the right to collect fair damages for the injury that someone else has caused you. That includes all of your past, current and future expenses. While the law can’t undo what has happened to you, it seeks to provide you with as full a financial recovery as possible by compensating you for:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost income.
- Out-of-pocket costs.
- Pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages (in limited circumstances).
The law allows this recovery, but it is not automatic. Instead, you have to fight for fair damages with the insurance company or in court. The exact amount of your recovery will depend on how well you, or your attorney, advocate for your recovery, the quality of the evidence you provide, the specific injuries and financial losses you have suffered, and whether you were responsible for any part of the accident.
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents
The potential damages and how you seek compensation is the same in many different types of accidents. However, the important evidence and the investigation that will support your claim may be different depending on the type of accident that occurred. Our experienced personal injury attorneys regularly represent people who have been hurt in or by:
- Car Crashes
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Bicycle Wrecks
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Pharmaceutical Errors
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
If you’ve been hurt in any of these types of incidents, then your first step should be to get medical care to identify and treat the specific injuries that you’ve suffered.
Not All Injuries Are the Same
The unique injury that you suffer will determine what medical treatment you need, when (or if) you can go back to work, and how your life will change. It is important to get a proper diagnosis so that you can start you medical and legal recoveries. Our attorneys represent people who have suffered:
- Brain injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Pregnancy complications.
- Spinal cord or back injuries.
Additionally, we represent the estates of people who have died in personal injury accidents and people who have suffered other injuries.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Have Answers to Your Questions
Regardless of the specific injury that you suffered, you probably have questions about your legal recovery. Thankfully, this is not a situation that you find yourself in every day—but it is a situation that we find ourselves in every day, and we want to help you. Below are our answers to questions that we often hear from potential clients:
- Do I have a personal injury case? If someone else’s negligence caused your injury, then you may have a personal injury case.
- Do I need a personal injury lawyer? A personal injury attorney can make sure that all of your rights are protected and that you make as a full a recovery as possible.
- How long do I have to file a personal injury case in Illinois? You usually have two years to file a lawsuit, but exceptions do apply.
- How much can I recover in an Illinois personal injury case? The answer is based on the unique injuries that you suffered, but your recovery should include compensation for past, current, and future medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, and pain and suffering.
- How do I file an Illinois personal injury case? Your case begins when you file a formal complaint with the court.
- What should I do after an Illinois accident? You should talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer who can explain how a case works and how to protect your rights.
- Is there anything I shouldn’t do after an Illinois accident? Yes, certain mistakes such as failing to take action quickly or negotiating with an insurance adjuster without an attorney can negatively impact your recovery.
Every client comes to us with a unique problem and with specific questions that deserve answers. We provide personal attention to every client and will make sure that all of your individual questions are fully answered so that you can make the decisions that are right for you.
Take Action Today to Protect Your Rights
The first step is not to file a lawsuit or to negotiate with an insurance adjuster. Instead, your first step should be to contact an experienced Illinois personal injury lawyer who can answer your questions, advise you of your rights, and make sure that you have a plan in place to recover the damages that you deserve.
Our Illinois law firm represents only people who have been seriously injured. We will provide you with the personal attention that you deserve after an injury and we will use our education and experience to fight hard for your fair and just recovery.
Contact us online or call us directly at 800.800.5678 to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation with us. Let us answer your questions and help you protect your future. We will handle the stress of your legal recovery while you focus on your health and, together, we will help you heal and protect your future.