You ask a great question, and you certainly want to avoid as many mistakes as possible after you suffer a personal injury in any kind of accident. That said, it is important to remember that the aftermath of an accident is stressful and often chaotic. Additionally, you may be in pain and unable to think clearly. Many people who suffer personal injuries make mistakes and our personal injury lawyers know how to fix them.
That’s why it is important to contact us as soon as possible after you have been hurt—so that we can help you fix any mistakes that have been made, avoid future mistakes, and get the recovery that you deserve.
Don’t Do These Things After an Accident If You Can Help It
Immediately after your accident and in the weeks to follow it is important that you do not:
- Fail to report the accident, as appropriate. This could include reporting to the police, to a property owner, or to an insurance company, for example.
- Admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Refuse medical care.
- Fail to keep medical appointments.
- Fail to follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
- Talk to the insurance company to try to negotiate your own settlement.
- Delay filing an insurance claim.
- Fail to preserve evidence from the accident scene.
Additionally, it is very important that you do not accept a settlement for less than you deserve. While we may be able to help you fix a different kind of mistake, we may be unable to help you after a settlement has been reached.
The Other Mistake You Can’t Afford to Make After An Injury
Failing to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer is another mistake that we urge you not to make. An attorney can not only help you avoid mistakes, but can also help you do the right things to protect your personal injury recovery. To learn more about protecting your rights and making a fair recovery, please contact us today via this website or by calling 1.800.800.5678 to schedule your free consultation.