Hurt client suffering emotional damage

The answer to your question depends on the actions that you take and the pain and suffering that you’ve endured. Even if you’ve suffered intense physical pain and significant emotional suffering, you will only be able to recover damages for these injuries if you pursue a legal recovery.

This means negotiating with the defendant’s insurance company and going to court, but you don’t have to do it alone. Instead, you have the right to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can make sure that your right to all potential damages is protected and who can save you the stress of having to handle the case on your own.

What’s Included in Pain and Suffering Damages?

You can’t submit a bill or a pay stub to prove the value of your physical pain or emotional damages. For this reason, pain and suffering damages are sometimes referred to as non-economic damages. Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, can be valued by looking at:

  • The extent of the injury.
  • How the injury impacts the person’s ability to go about his daily activities. This includes everything from getting out of bed in the morning, to spending quality time with family, to working, to enjoying hobbies, and more.
  • Any disfigurement or disabling condition caused by the injury.

It may be difficult to attach a dollar figure to these things, but an experienced personal injury lawyer can provide the right evidence to prove the full value of your pain and suffering damages.

Pain and Suffering Damages Are an Important Part of Your Recovery

Without compensation for your physical pain and emotional suffering, your recovery will be incomplete. If someone else’s negligence has caused your injury then you deserve a full and fair recovery. Protect your rights today by contacting our experienced lawyers to discuss your personal injury damages. We welcome your call or online chat any time, day or night, every day of the year.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.