You wouldn’t be hurt if it wasn’t for the actions—or inactions—of someone else. It is up to you to take legal action to protect your financial recovery if you’ve been hurt, but before you do that you may be wondering if your injury was serious enough to justify you contacting a personal injury lawyer and filing a case.
Any time that you are hurt by someone else’s negligent or intentional actions, you should talk to an experienced lawyer as soon as possible to discuss whether you may have a legal claim. It is important to take action quickly and before the Illinois statute of limitations expires and prevents you from making a fair recovery.
Take Action ASAP After Any of These Injuries
If you can prove negligence or an intentional cause of action, then you may be able to recover for injuries such as:
- Brain injuries. Each individual brain injury victim suffers unique injuries depending on the part of the brain that is hurt. A traumatic brain injury could result in gross motor, fine motor, speech, cognitive, and behavior changes, for example.
- Spinal cord or back injuries. Complete spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis below the point of impact. Incomplete spinal cord injuries and other back injuries can result in significant limitations.
- Amputations. The amputation of an arm, hand, finger, leg, foot, or toe is irreversible and can be life-changing.
- Broken bones. Some broken bones take longer to heal than others. The impact on your life may depend on the bone that was broken, the complexity of the break, and your overall health.
- Burns. Burn injuries can be very painful and may result in dangerous infections or long-term complications such as scarring.
- Pregnancy complications. An accident or other incident during pregnancy can result in a dangerous pregnancy complication—such as placental abruption—that could endanger the life of your unborn child.
- The death of a loved one. If a loved one has died in an Illinois accident, then your loved one’s estate may be able to recover damages resulting from your loved one’s death.
Of course this list is not all-inclusive and you should consider taking action if you’ve incurred medical bills or if you’ve lost time from work because of another kind of injury.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you make a fair recovery of damages after you’ve been hurt. We will work hard to help you recover for your past, current, and future medical expenses, lost income, out of pocket costs, physical pain and emotional suffering. For more information on we can help you do this please contact us online or call us directly at 800.800.5678. We would be pleased to provide you with a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation in our Bloomington, Gurnee, or Rockford offices.