Riding your motorcycle in Green Bay may mean that at times you have to ride in the rain or on wet roads. Whether you get an unexpected shower or have no other means of transportation, riding in the wet weather may be inevitable. Unfortunately there is no way to be sheltered from the rain while on the bike.
Riding in wet weather can be very dangerous. If you get in a situation where you have to ride in such conditions, it is important to know how to stay safe. Some things you can do to keep from an accident are:
- Wait it out. If it is raining and you think it might stop soon it is best to just wait it out, if at all possible.
- Avoid puddles. Keep out of puddles on the road. If you can avoid the puddles it will keep you from hydroplaning and sliding.
- Be prepared. Being prepared in advanced will save you big trouble in the future. Keep with you a set of rain gear and goggles.
- Take your time. You may be hurrying to get out of the wet weather, but this can cause a serious wreck. Take your time and ensure you make it safely to your destination.
- Avoid other vehicles. Stay away from automobiles and other traffic. Motorcycles are hard to see in good weather, and even harder to see in rain, snow, or fog. Staying a safe distance will also keep you safe from another vehicle sliding into you.
Staying safe should always be your first priority. If you have been involved in a Green Bay motorcycle wreck, contact a Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney at Hupy and Abraham and receive a free case analysis. Reach us today at 920-593-5050 locally or 800-800-5678 toll-free. Hupy and Abraham has seven offices across Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, so we can connect you to the personal injury lawyers who serve your area with a single phone call. Just for calling, we can send you a FREE copy of The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims.