Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries and substantial medical expenses. While Medicare may provide coverage for the medical costs associated with motorcycle accident damages in Milwaukee, it’s important to recognize that the coverage is limited, and might not meet all your needs.
Consulting an experienced Milwaukee motorcycle accident attorney before pursuing financial recovery ensures your legal rights stay protected and you get the total amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries and loss.
On This Page:
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a federal health insurance program primarily designed for individuals aged 65 and older and certain younger individuals with disabilities. The coverage provided by Medicare primarily focuses on medical services and treatments deemed necessary and reasonable.
Covered By Medicare in Milwaukee Motorcycle Accidents
In the context of motorcycle accidents, health insurance such as Medicare may cover some of the medical expenses incurred due to injuries sustained in the accident, such as:
- Doctor visits
- Prescription medications
Generally, Medicare doesn’t cover non-medical expenses or other damages that may result from motorcycle crashes.
Motorcycle Accident Damages Not Covered by Medicare
In addition to medical costs, bikers can experience numerous other damages that, unfortunately, aren’t rectified by Medicare. Many motorcyclists struggle with receiving compensation for:
- Property Damage. Medicare doesn’t cover repairs or replacement costs for damaged vehicles or any of your other personal property.
- Lost Wages. Serious injuries sustained in accidents can result in a loss of income due to missed work. Medicare doesn’t provide restitution for lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering. Physical injuries from a motorcycle crash frequently cause emotional and psychological distress, commonly referred to as pain and suffering. Medicare won’t compensate for these intangible damages.
- Legal Fees. If you need legal representation to pursue an injury claim, Medicare doesn’t cover the cost of hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Long-Term Care. In cases where motorcycle crashes result in long-term disabilities requiring ongoing medical care and treatment, Medicare's coverage may be limited, and bikers often experience additional expenses.
Why an Experienced Milwaukee Motorcycle Accident Attorney is Essential
Since there are so many complexities in securing Medicare coverage for crash injuries, seeking legal assistance from an experienced Milwaukee motorcycle accident lawyer is essential for the following reasons.
A skilled legal team can help you explore all potential avenues for compensation beyond medical expenses. They can assist you in pursuing and filing a claim for property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Dealing With Insurance Companies
Insurance adjusters are instructed to settle claims quickly and for the lowest possible amount. A savvy attorney will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation.
Navigating Legal Procedures
The legal process following a motorcycle accident can be confusing and overwhelming. From gathering evidence and expert witnesses to filing paperwork and meeting deadlines, your lawyer can guide you through each step of the process to ensure you do not miss out on rightful compensation.
Determining fault after a motorcycle crash is essential for establishing liability. A skilled motorcycle accident attorney will investigate the accident, collect evidence, interview witnesses, and build a strong case to prove liability and support your claim.
Assessing Long-Term Consequences
Motorcycle crashes are often quite severe, causing extensive injuries that may require ongoing medical care and impact your quality of life. A lawyer can help you evaluate the long-term consequences of your injuries and seek compensation accordingly.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Milwaukee for a Free Consult
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident and have Medicare, contact our skilled Milwaukee personal injury law firm at Hupy and Abraham. We offer a complimentary consultation to review your case without any obligations. To schedule a confidential appointment, please fill out our convenient contact form or call us at 800-800-5678.