All too often, when a motorcycle rider is in a crash with a car, the biker is blamed. This is because of the misconceptions many people hold about bikers being dangerous risk-takers. The reality these days couldn't be further from the truth. However, because of these misconceptions and the bias against bikers that often exists, it's important to hire an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Green Bay to represent you after a crash.
What Does a Green Bay Motorcycle Accident Attorney Do?
One of the best things you can do after a bike crash that was not your fault is to hire an experienced attorney who can guide you through the process and help you get the compensation you deserve. Here's what you can expect from your Green Bay motorcycle accident attorney:
- Conducting a thorough investigation. Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, including talking to witnesses, reviewing police reports, and collecting evidence. This will help your attorney understand how the accident happened and who may be liable.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to motorcycle accidents. Your attorney will handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for a fair settlement.
- Filing a lawsuit. If the insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, your motorcycle accident lawyer may recommend filing a lawsuit. This is a complex process, but your attorney will be there every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected.
- Taking your case to trial. If your case goes to trial, your attorney will be by your side every step of the way, fighting for a favorable outcome. While most cases settle out of court, it's important to have an experienced trial attorney on your side in case it does go to trial.
A bike crash can be a life-changing event, and it's important to have an experienced Green Bay motorcycle accident lawyer on your side who can help you navigate the legal process and get the compensation you deserve.
When Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Why Is It Important to Hire a Lawyer With Motorcycle Accident Experience?
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Green Bay will understand the unique dynamics of these types of crashes and know how to build a strong case on your behalf. They'll also be familiar with the common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents and will fight to get you the full compensation you deserve.
What's more, an experienced bike crash attorney will have a good working relationship with the insurance companies involved and will know how to negotiate with them to get you the best possible settlement.
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be facing some serious injuries—and some hefty medical bills. You may also be out of work while you recover, which can put a real strain on your finances. The last thing you need is an insurance company telling you that your claim is denied or that the settlement offer they're making is fair when it's not.
That's where an experienced Green Bay motorcycle crash lawyer comes in. A good one will fight for your rights and make sure that you're fairly compensated for your injuries and damages.
Do I Have a Valid Claim for My Bike Crash?
Whether you have a valid claim for damages after a bike crash depends on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of damage to your motorcycle, and who was at fault for the accident. Answering these questions will help you assess the validity of your case:
- Who was at fault for the accident? One of the first things you'll need to determine is who was at fault for the accident. If the other driver was clearly at fault—for example, if they ran a red light or cut you off—then you may have a valid claim against their insurance company. However, if both parties were partially at fault—for example, if you were speeding but the other driver also failed to yield—it may be more difficult to prove your case.
- How serious are your injuries? If you suffered minor scrapes and bruises, it's unlikely that you'll be able to recover much in damages from the other driver's insurance company. However, if you suffered more serious injuries—such as broken bones or traumatic brain injury—then you may be able to recover significant damages.
- Does the at-fault driver have insurance? You can't get blood from a stone, as they say, so the amount of liability insurance the driver who caused the crash carries will play a big part in how much compensation you get.
- Were you wearing a helmet? Even though Wisconsin only requires riders under the age of 18 to wear a helmet, it can help your injury claim if you were wearing a helmet and other safety gear. However, an experienced lawyer can argue your case even if you chose not to wear a helmet.
By taking all of these factors into account and talking to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, you can make an informed decision about whether or not to pursue a claim against the other driver's insurance company.
How Can I Find the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me in Green Bay?
If you know anyone who has been in a motorcycle accident and hired a lawyer, ask for their recommendations. They will be able to tell you first-hand whether they were happy with their lawyer and the outcome of their case. Once you have a few recommendations, check out each lawyer's website and see if they have experience handling motorcycle accident cases. You should also read reviews from past clients to get an idea of what working with them would be like. After you've done your research, schedule a consultation with each of the lawyers on your list. This will give you a chance to meet with them in person, ask any questions you have, and get a feel for their personality and style. It's important that you feel comfortable with your lawyer since you'll be working closely with them on your case. Personally, we would recommend you call the Hupy & Abraham office in Green Bay!
When Should I Hire a Local Lawyer?
The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to settle a claim or file a lawsuit after sustaining an injury. Once the statute of limitations expires, you will no longer be able to file a claim. The statute of limitations in Wisconsin is three years from the date of the accident. However, there are some exceptions that may extend the amount of time you have to file a claim. For example, if the injured party is a minor, the statute of limitations may be extended until they turn 18 years old. It is important to find a motorcycle injury Lawyer near you in Green Bay, as they know the area better and can most likely provide better representation.
In general, the sooner you contact an attorney after your crash, the more they will be able to do to help you. It's important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after the crash and to keep all documentation related to your injuries and treatment, including doctor's notes, hospital records, and receipts for any medication or therapy you may have received. This documentation will be essential in proving the extent of your injuries and damages.
Injured in a Bike Crash With a Car or Truck? Contact Our Green Bay Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Were you recently injured in a bike accident that was not your fault? If so, then it is time to contact our Green Bay motorcycle accident attorney for a free consultation. Our team has been practicing law in Wisconsin for over 50 years, and we have helped hundreds of injured bikers.
To schedule a consult with our experienced attorneys, start an online chat, fill out our convenient contact form, or call 1-800-800-5678 today!