Collecting the right evidence will be essential for your motorcycle accident caseAs a motorcycle accident victim, you can and you should file a claim to recover damages for any injuries that you suffered in the crash. In order to recover fair damages for your injuries, however, you will need to obtain evidence to support your claim.

Gathering Evidence Begins at the Motorcycle Accident Scene

After being involved in an accident, it is important to gather certain evidence if you are physically able to do so. This evidence includes photographs that you can take with your cell phone.

Some pictures you might want to capture include:

  • The damage to your motorcycle. Get pictures from a variety of angles.
  • Any other vehicles involved in the crash. If possible, get the photographs before the vehicles have been moved. Get pictures from each side and try to get a picture of the license plates.
  • The entire accident scene. Move away from the vehicles and try to get a picture of the entire accident scene, including the position of all vehicles. Then take close-up shots of skid marks, traffic signs, road conditions, or anything else that could be relevant to your accident.
  • Your own injuries and any damage to your helmet, clothing, or safety gear.

Or course additional evidence may also be helpful in proving your claim and that evidence may not be available at the accident scene.

A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Get the Additional Evidence You Need

That evidence may include:

  • Medical records. Medical records can explain your injuries, the cost of your treatment, and your expected prognosis.
  • Expert testimony. Expert testimony may be needed to explain the cause of your crash, the injuries you suffered, or the damages you’ve incurred.

If you are ready to talk to an attorney about your claim and about protecting your rights, then please call us today at 1-800-800-5678 to schedule a free consultation.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.