We are always sorry to hear about Milwaukee red light violation accidents. So much pain and suffering could be avoided if each driver were to obey Wisconsin red light laws. Unfortunately, too often this type of car accident results in very serious injury and even death.
The first thing anyone should do if involved in a car accident it to gather information, if possible. This information should include:
- The name, contact information, and license number of the driver who ran the red light.
- The names and contact information of all witnesses to the accident.
- The insurance information of the other driver.
- A copy of the police report as soon as it is available.
- All medical records of the injuries you and your wife sustained, including those from the ambulance, the emergency room, the hospital, and rehabilitation.
- Find out if a red light camera was installed at the intersection where the accident occurred and be sure that the accident was recorded.
Once you have collected as much information as you can, you should begin to think about the costs of your accident. These costs might include medical bills, lost time from work, damage to your vehicle, and even pain and suffering.
Then we suggest you contact a reputable accident lawyer in Wisconsin and begin to explore your legal options. There is no excuse for running a red light. At Hupy & Abraham, we can advise you and help you decide the best course of action to follow.