For almost half a century, our Illinois slip and fall attorneys have been helping personal injury victims get the recoveries that they deserve. During that time, we’ve identified certain tips that can help people who are hurt in slip and fall accidents get the recoveries that they deserve—and now we want to provide those tips to you for free.
What You Need to Know to Protect Your Slip and Fall Recovery
The steps that you take after a fall injury will significantly influence your recovery. Accordingly, it is important to:
- Understand how property insurance works. While Illinois law does not require property insurance, most mortgage lenders require it and many commercial leases require it. Property insurance may require the insurance company to pay for your fall injury damages, depending on the terms of the insurance policy.
- Report your accident. Your accident should be reported to the property owner or manager as soon as possible after your fall.
- Know how to deal with insurance adjusters. It is an insurance adjuster’s job to pay you as little as possible for your claim. Accordingly, it is important to know what to say to insurance adjusters to avoid hurting your recovery.
- Avoid making mistakes. Failing to get medical care, failing to follow your doctors’ instructions, failing to protect evidence, and other mistakes can make your legal recovery more difficult.
- Take action to protect your slip and fall recovery. Just as there are certain mistakes to avoid, there are certain things that you should do to actively protect your recovery. While it may not be possible to take all of the steps we suggest on our checklist, it is important to take as many of these steps as you can.
This list may seem overwhelming. You may be worried about making a mistake that could jeopardize your recovery and leave you responsible for paying for your own fall accident injuries.
But You Don’t Have to Do This Alone
You have the right to work with an experienced Illinois slip and fall lawyer who can make sure that your rights are protected. You can take the stress of handling your legal claim off of your shoulders and you can focus on your physical recovery while your attorney focuses on your legal recovery. To learn more, please call us directly at 1-800-800-5678 and schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience.