Right now, you know that you fell because someone else was negligent. You may be in pain and you may be confused about how to protect your legal recovery.Our Wisconsin slip and fall lawyers have more than 170 years of combined experience helping personal injury victims recover fair damages. We’ve helped thousands of people and we are pleased to offer free tips for protecting your slip and fall recovery.
How to Protect Your Slip and Fall Recovery
As you begin the recovery process it is important to know about…
- Property insurance. In most cases, Wisconsin law does not require property owners or renters to have insurance. However, most lenders require such insurance as a condition of providing a mortgage, many commercial leases require such insurance as a condition of rental, and many renters chose to have the protection that insurance can provide. Thus, it is important to determine if there are any insurance policies that apply to your accident and to take the appropriate steps to make a fair recovery from those insurers.
- Reporting your accident. It is important to promptly report that your accident occurred. The report should be made to the property owner or manager, if possible.
- Dealing with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters want you to accept a low settlement so that more money stays with the insurance company. It is important to remember that insurance adjusters are not on your side, but rather employees of the insurance company, and it is important to know how to deal with insurance adjusters accordingly.
- What to do after a slip and fall accident. There are certain steps that you can take after a slip and fall accident that can help protect your rights. While it may not be possible to do everything that is suggested after an accident, it is important to know what to do so that you can take appropriate actions given your injuries.
- What not to do after a slip and fall accident. Just as there things that you can do after a slip and fall, there are things that you should not do because they can hurt your recovery.
If you’ve been seriously injured, then you may need more than tips to protect your fair recovery. You may need the representation of an experienced lawyer. Contact us today at 1-800-800-5678 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and to find out more about your legal rights and possible recovery.