If you are like most Americans, you walk a lot. The average is 5,117 steps per day. That is equal to approximately 2.5 miles every day. We walk through grocery stores, icy walkways, up and down stairs, and many other places that can lead to what is known as a slip-and-fall accident.
Some statistics regarding Green Bay slip and fall injuries are:
- Number of accidents. In the United States, there are about one million slip and fall accidents every year.
- Severity. Out of the one million accidents, 30,000 will result in a severe injury.
- Death. There are about 20,000 fatal slip and fall accidents each year.
- Types of injuries. The most common types of slip and fall injuries in Green Bay are head trauma, broken bones, scrapes and bruises.
- Causes. Some of the common causes for slip and fall accidents are ripped or loose carpets, wet or icy areas, narrow stairways, and low-light areas.
Slip and fall accidents are very common and can be very dangerous. They can lead to severe injuries and even death. The owner of a property has the responsibility to take reasonable care that a fall does not occur because of a hazard he should have fixed.
If you have been injured in fall, contact a Green Bay slip and fall attorney at Hupy and Abraham for a FREE consultation. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bill, loss wages or pain and suffering. Contact us at 920-593-5050 local or 800-800-5678 toll-free in Illinois, Iowa, or Wisconsin. We want to get you the compensation you deserve.