March is National Ladder Safety Month. Every year, over 100 people die in ladder-related accidents, while thousands more suffer preventable life-threatening injuries. Ladder-related injuries are a common slip and fall accident most people do not see themselves being a victim of.
Below are some tips to help you avoid experiencing a fall in the future.
Tips while using a ladder:
- Select the correct ladder for the job.
- Inspect the ladder before you use it.
- Always keep three limbs on the ladder.
- Use a ladder on stable surfaces only.
Ladder safety is important because it:
- Decreases the number of injuries per year.
- Increases the ladder safety certificates issued.
- Lowers the number of ladder safety citations written by OSHA.
- Raises the number of ladder trainings.
We hope March brings awareness to ladder safety. However, accidents still happen, even if you are prepared and careful. If you or a loved one is injured in any way due to a slip and fall accident, the personal injury attorneys at Hupy and Abraham are here to help. We have decades of experience helping victims of injuries.
Contact us at 800-800-5678 for a free consultation or start a live chat any time at Hupy.com.