That pain in your neck could be a symptom of a severe injury after a fall. A slip and fall could cause a:
- Herniated disc
- Ligament injury
- Neck sprain or strain
- Broken bone
- Cervical dislocation
- Spinal cord injury
It’s essential to get medical help as soon as possible after your fall so that you get an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to help you recover. Additionally, it’s equally important to understand how to protect your slip and fall legal recovery and potential compensation.
Five Things to Do and Three Things to Avoid After a Slip and Fall Accident
Insurers often try to minimize neck injuries. They may argue that your injury isn’t as bad as you claim. Therefore, you must take action to protect your slip and fall recovery by:
- Reporting the accident to the property owner or business manager as soon as possible
- Taking photos of the area where you fell before any repairs are made
- Getting immediate medical attention to treat your injury and also establish that the fall caused your injury
- Following your doctors’ orders so that you don’t make your injury worse
- Contacting an experienced slip and fall lawyer for help
While you take these actions, you must also do your best to avoid potential mistakes such as:
- Talking to insurance adjusters about the accident or your injury
- Posting about the accident, your injury, or your activities on social media sites
- Waiting too long to get medical or legal help
Together, taking these actions and avoiding these mistakes may help you get the fair compensation you deserve for your slip and fall neck injury.
What You May Recover in a Successful Slip and Fall Case
You need to know what you are fighting for before you pursue a slip and fall accident case. If you establish that the property owner or business was negligent and caused your slip and fall accident neck injury, you may recover compensation for your past and future:
- Medical expenses for things such as doctors’ appointments, medications, physical therapy, and other healthcare costs caused by your fall
- Lost income if you miss time from work or have to work a lower-paying job because of your injury
- Out-of-pocket costs if you incur any expenses because of your neck injuries, such as household help or transportation costs
- Pain and suffering for your physical pain and emotional suffering
The value of these damages will depend on your unique circumstances, the extent of your injury, and whether you bore any legal responsibility for the fall.
Contact a Slip and Fall Lawyer Who Will Fight for Your Recovery
Our slip and fall lawyers know that a neck injury may significantly impact your life, interfere with your daily activities and keep you from doing the things you love. We want you to be treated fairly. Accordingly, we will gather all relevant evidence, make strong arguments, and fight hard for your fair and just recovery.
Insurance companies know this about us. They know that we mean business and that if they refuse to make a fair settlement offer, we will go to court to get you the recovery you deserve. Often, this makes them more willing to settle our clients’ claims rather than risk the uncertainty of trial.
Together, our attorneys have more than 200 years of combined experience. We’ve helped more than 70,000 clients recover more than $1 billion in damages after personal injury accidents.
We invite you to contact us risk-free to learn more about your rights and possible recovery. We offer our clients the security of our Win or It’s Free Guarantee. Simply put, we are only paid if you recover compensation for your slip and fall accident injury.
Please contact us today to schedule your free consultation in any of our Iowa, Wisconsin, or Illinois law offices, in your home or hospital room, or by phone or video conference.