The fall that left you injured was an accident that was out of your control. However, your recovery is within your control. There are certain things that you can do to protect your fair recovery of damages, and our experienced Iowa slip and fall lawyers are here to help you every step of the way.
Since 1969, we have been helping personal injury victims get the financial recoveries that they deserve. We are committed to helping people recover from their fall accident injuries, and we offer the following free tips to help you recover.
Five Tips for Protecting Your Fall Injury Recovery
If you’ve been hurt in a fall accident then you can protect your recover of damages by…
- Understanding how property insurance works. Many different types of property owners and renters have insurance for personal injuries that occur on their properties. You need to know if the property you were hurt was insured, how that insurance applies to your accident, and how much you may recover.
- Reporting your accident. You should let the property owner or manager know that you have fallen as soon as possible after your accident. However, you should not sign anything or give too many details before speaking with a lawyer.
- Knowing how to deal with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters want to pay you as little as possible so that they can maximize the profits of their company. Anything that you say to an adjuster can be misunderstood and used against you.
- Following a slip and fall checklist. You can go through the steps on our checklist to make sure that you do everything possible to safeguard your recovery.
- Avoiding common mistakes in slip and fall recoveries. Some mistakes can prevent your fair recovery, so it is important to know about them and to avoid them.
By following these five tips, you can put yourself in a strong position to recover fair damages for your past, current, and future:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost income.
- Out-of-pocket costs.
- Pain and suffering.
But these damages won’t be automatic. You will need to take action. Let us help you get the recovery that you deserve. Contact us today via this website or at 1-800-800-5678 to schedule your own free consultation.