Slip and fall accidents are unpredictable. They can happen anywhere, but they most commonly happen in locations that are poorly designed, poorly maintained, or that are exposed to snow and ice.
Our Iowa slip and fall lawyers represent people who are hurt in any location because of the negligence of the property owner or occupier. If the property owner or occupier knew or should have known about the dangerous condition that led to your fall and failed to fix it or warn you about it, then we may be able to help you get a fair recovery…if you contact us quickly.
You May Need a Lawyer If You Have Been Hurt in Any of These Locations
Many slip and fall victims are able to recover damages if they are hurt in or on…
- Elevators or escalators. Elevators or escalators that are not properly installed or maintained can cause people to slip, fall and be hurt.
- Hospitals. Slippery floors and clutter can make slip and trip hazards common at hospitals.
- Amusement parks. Slip or trip and falls can happen anywhere on amusement park grounds, including while getting on and off rides, in bathrooms, by concession stands, and on walkways.
- Playgrounds. Play areas that are not well maintained or that are poorly designed may result in slip and fall injuries.
- Sidewalks. Uneven, broken, or slippery sidewalks can result in fall accident and resulting injuries.
- Gyms. Broken equipment, slippery floors, and other dangers can cause people who go to the gym to fall and get hurt.
- Hotels. Poor lighting, torn carpet, slippery floors and other dangers can cause hotel visitors to trip or slip and be injured.
- Restaurants. Some slips and tight spaces are inevitable at restaurants, but customers who are hurt may still be able to recover damages if they fell due to the negligence of the property owner or restaurant owner.
- Supermarkets. Grocery store falls can occur because of spills that make floors slippery or because of clutter in the aisles.
- Stores. Retail stores can also be scenes of slip and falls because of poorly maintained flooring, inadequate lighting, clutter or other dangers.
For more information about your recovery after a slip and fall in any of these locations, please schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney by starting a free live chat with us now or by calling us directly at 1-800-800-5678.
Additionally, we encourage you to share this article on Facebook or Twitter and to let others know to watch for slip and fall accidents in the locations where they commonly occur.