As you rode your motorcycle through an intersection, another driver failed to stop for a traffic light or a stop sign and hit the side of your bike. This type of accident, where a motorist hits the side of a motorcycle, is known as a T-bone crash because the side impact looks like the letter T.
If someone else’s negligence caused this type of accident, then you may be able to recover damages in an insurance settlement or a court verdict. Those damages could include compensation for your past, current, and future:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost income.
- Out-of-pocket costs.
- Pain and suffering.
- Other expenses and losses.
These damages won’t undo the significant injury that you’ve experienced, but they will help you protect your future.
What to Do After a T-Bone Crash
As with any kind of motorcycle accident, it is important to get the emergency medical help that you need after a crash. After that, it is important to:
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan. This will be unique depending on your injuries, but regardless of the specific treatment recommendations, it is important to follow the recommendations so that you can protect both your physical and your legal recoveries.
- Take the time that you need to recover. Do not go back to work or to your regular daily activities until you have clearance to do so from your doctor.
- Learn about your legal rights so that you can protect them. You can learn more about your rights in our free book, The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims.
- Take action before the statute of limitation expires and you lose your legal right to file a claim. Your time to file a claim is limited and it is important to take action now even if you’ve been seriously injured.
There are many reasons why T-bone crashes occur. The motorist who hit you may have been distracted, drowsy, drunk or otherwise negligent. If you have suffered a brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bone, road rash, or other serious injury, then it is important to talk to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. An attorney can help you find out exactly why the crash occurred, and, more importantly an experienced attorney can help you get the recovery that you deserve. Please start a live chat with us now to learn more.