Riding a motorcycle is completely different from driving a car. The thrill of the ride, the community of riders, and the passion of biking make it so. While these benefits may be enjoyed by riders, there are also some things that are important for Iowa riders to know specifically.
Important Information Just for riders
As a rider, it is important for you to know about:
- Motorcycle insurance. It is important to carry adequate insurance to protect yourself after an Iowa bike crash. Your insurance may be important to your recovery if you cause the crash or if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Iowa motorcycle laws. Iowa has specific laws that apply to riders. It is important to follow these laws so that you do not cause a crash.
- Getting police reports after an accident. The police will investigate any accident resulting in injury, as well as other crashes. If you’ve been hurt then it is important to know what is in the police report and how it may impact your case.
- How to deal with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters have a job to do…and that job is to pay you as little as possible for your injuries. That way the adjusters maximize the profits for their employers. Thus, it is important to know how to be treated fairly by an insurance adjuster.
- The bias against riders. Many people wrongfully assume that riders are reckless and negligent. That is simply not true. However, you need to know how to overcome this bias so that you can be treated fairly after an accident.
- The mistakes that you can make after an accident. Certain mistakes can cost you your financial recovery. It is important to find out what these mistakes are so that you can avoid them.
Additionally, it is important to know what to do after a motorcycle crash. You have rights and you will be able to recover damages if you can prove that another driver caused your accident and resulting injuries. For more information about what to do after an accident, we encourage you to read our free book, The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims, and to start a live chat with us now to schedule your own free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who is also an enthusiastic rider.