Who should I call if I was hurt when a car driver opened a door and caused my motorcycle crash?

You might expect us to say that you should call an Iowa motorcycle accident lawyer, and you are correct. Calling a motorcycle accident attorney is essential, for reasons that we will describe below, but a lawyer may not be your first phone call after a motorcycle open door crash.

Who to Call After a Motorcycle Open Door Crash

You may suffer significant injuries when a car door opens in front of your motorcycle. You may crash into the door, swerve to avoid the door and crash into something else, or lose your balance and fall from your bike. Any of these scenarios can leave you hurt, confused, and overwhelmed when thinking about your next steps. To get the help that you need, we suggest you contact:

  • The police. The police will make sure that everyone hurt in the open door crash gets necessary emergency medical attention, investigate your crash, and write a report that may be useful to you when you seek compensation for your injuries.
  • A friend or relative. Let someone know what happened to you and come to the accident scene, if possible.
  • Your doctor. Let your own doctor know that you’ve been hurt, even if you receive medical care in the emergency room or if you’re hospitalized.

We also encourage you to contact our experienced motorcycle accident injury lawyers at any time. As riders ourselves, we understand every aspect of your case, and we are committed to getting you the full and just recovery that you deserve. Insurance companies know this about us and are often willing to settle claims for our clients, but we are ready to go to trial if necessary to get you the compensation you deserve.

Contact our award-winning Iowa motorcycle lawyers today for a free and confidential consultation. We can be reached by phone, through our online chat, or you can complete our online contact form, and we will reach out to you.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.