You may face a lot of unknowns after being hurt by a medication or medical device. As you begin to consider your legal and financial recovery, you realize that you are facing a large and wealthy pharmaceutical company that doesn’t want to compensate you for your injuries. This can be intimidating, but you don’t have to face it alone. If other people have suffered similar injuries from the same medication or medical device then you can join together in a class action lawsuit and work with an experienced pharmaceutical class action lawyer to get the recovery that you deserve.
But First There Are Some Things You Should Know
As you begin pursing justice for the injuries that you’ve suffered, it is important to know:
- About the role of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA is supposed to approve safe and effective drugs and medical device and recall those that are unsafe. However, the FDA will not help you recover monetary damages if you’ve been hurt.
- How drugs and medical devices are recalled. Pharmaceutical companies may voluntarily recall drugs or medical devices. Additionally, the FDA has different classes of recalls and warnings that it may issue when a safety problem arises after FDA approval.
- Whether pharmaceutical companies can be trusted. Pharmaceutical companies operate to make money and can’t always be trusted to put patient safety first.
- What you should do if you experience side effects. There are specific actions that you can take to protect your physical, legal, and financial recoveries.
- What mistakes to avoid if you experience side effects. There are certain actions that you should not take because they could put your fair recovery at risk.
- The truth about pharmaceutical injury myths. Pharmaceutical class actions can be complicated. However, not everything that you hear about these lawsuits is true, and it is important for you to know the truth if you’ve been hurt.
These tips can make the path toward recovery easier for you, but you still have to take action.
You Are Not Alone
You can join with other people who have suffered similar injuries from the same drug or medical device and you can work with an experienced pharmaceutical injury attorney who will fight hard for your recovery and take the burden of protecting your legal rights off of your shoulders. To learn more, we invite you to reach out to us anytime—any day of the week, any time of day—via this website or by phone at 1-800-800-5678.