Before you can decide whether or not to file an Illinois motorcycle accident case, you need to know what kind of compensation you may be able to recover if your claim is successful.
Every case is unique and damages depend on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
- The amount of liability attributed to each driver.
- The extent of your injuries.
- Your job.
- Your age.
- The quality of the evidence available.
- How well you, or your attorney, advocate for your recovery.
Accordingly, it is impossible to tell you what a realistic recovery is for your motorcycle accident injuries in this library article, but what we can tell you is what kinds of damages you may recover and that you have the right to contact us directly to find out more about your unique recovery.
Types of Damages You Can Recover After a Motorcycle Accident
Damages are supposed to make you whole after a crash. Your financial compensation should make it as if the accident had not happened—to the extent that it is possible to do so. Accordingly, your damages may include compensation for past, current, and future:
- Medical expenses. All healthcare-related costs such as hospital stays, doctors’ appointments, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation therapies, ambulance services, and more may be included in your recovery of medical expenses.
- Out-of-pocket costs. Any bills that you incur as a result of the accident may be compensable.
- Lost income Any income that you would have earned—but can’t earn because of your injuries—is compensable. This includes wages, income from clients or customers, benefits, and other forms of compensation.
- Physical pain and emotional suffering. While money won’t take away your physical pain or emotional suffering, it is the best that the legal system can do to compensate you for these significant injuries.
Together, your recovery of these damages can be significant.
Don’t Delay. Call an Illinois Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
The insurance adjuster assigned to your case has a job to do. That job is to get you to settle your claim for as little as possible. If you would like to get the full and fair recovery that you deserve then you should talk to an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer whose job it is to maximize your recovery. We would be pleased to provide you with a free consultation; simply start a live chat with us today to learn more.