If you're injured in a bike crash in Illinois, it's important to know how to protect your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve. Your recovery depends on the actions you and your Gurnee motorcycle accident lawyer take after the crash.
Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are also riders ourselves, which makes them uniquely qualified to defend your rights.
Below, our motorcycle crash lawyer in Gurnee, IL, deteails everything you need to know when filing a claim, from what to do in the moments after your bike accident until you get a fair recovery for your injuries.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash
The time after a motorcycle crash is often chaotic. It can be challenging to know what to do after you're hurt in an accident. You don't need to have it all figured out at the accident scene, but here are some steps you can take to protect your recovery:
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don't think you're seriously injured, it's important to see a doctor as soon as possible after an accident. Some injuries, such as internal bleeding or traumatic brain injury, may not be immediately apparent.
- Collect evidence. If possible, take photos of the accident scene and gather witness contact information. This evidence can be critical in proving your case.
- File a claim with the insurance company. Your lawyer can help you do this and negotiate with the insurer on your behalf.
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Take legal action if necessary. If the insurance company denies your claim or offers an unfair settlement, you may need to file a lawsuit to get the compensation you deserve. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine whether this is necessary in your case.
What Does a Gurnee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do?
If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may wonder what role a motorcycle accident lawyer can play in your recovery. Our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you:
- Gather evidence. One of the most important things a motorcycle accident lawyer will do is gather evidence to support your claim. This evidence may include medical records, police reports, witness statements, and more. Your lawyer will work diligently to collect all of the necessary evidence so that you have the best chance of winning your case.
- Build a strong case. Once all of the evidence has been gathered, your lawyer will begin building your case. This involves analyzing the evidence, interviewing witnesses, and developing legal arguments.
- Value your case. Your lawyer will consider your injuries and the available evidence to value your damages. That way, you can identify a fair settlement offer or go to court, as necessary, to protect your recovery.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, chances are good that you'll need to deal with an insurance company. This can be daunting, especially if you're already dealing with injuries from the accident. Fortunately, your lawyer will handle all negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf and fight to get you the full compensation you're entitled to under the law.
- Represent you in court. Your lawyer will also file all of the necessary paperwork with the court and keep you updated on the status of your case. If your case goes to trial, your motorcycle accident lawyer will be by your side every step of the way. Your attorney will make sure all deadlines are met, file all appropriate motions, and present your case in court.
Why Should I Hire a Bike Crash Lawyer?
A Gurnee motorcycle accident lawyer can make sure that you are treated fairly by insurers and the court while you focus on your physical recovery and daily activities. Specifically, an experienced motorcycle injury attorney can:
- Reduce your stress. Dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be extremely stressful. Not only do you have to deal with your injuries, but you also have to deal with insurance companies, medical bills, and possibly lost wages. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can take some of the burden off your shoulders by dealing with the insurance companies and fighting for the compensation you deserve.
- Prevent costly mistakes. If you try to handle your own case, there's a chance that you could make mistakes that could hurt your chances of recovering compensation. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will know how to avoid these mistakes and give you the best chance of success.
- Help you get fair compensation. Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay out claims. They will often try to lowball accident victims to save money. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will know how to negotiate with the insurance companies and fight for the full amount of compensation you deserve. Your fair recovery may include compensation for past and future medical costs, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other motorcycle accident damages.
- Provide the above benefits with no financial risk. Hupy and Abraham offers a free consultation and a Win or It's Free Guarantee. That means that you pay no attorney's fees unless you receive compensation for your injuries.
How to Find the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Gurnee
After a bike accident injury, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure about what to do next. One of the most important decisions you will make is choosing the right attorney to represent you. Here are some tips on how to find a Gurnee motorcycle accident lawyer who will be a good fit for you and your case:
- Look for testimonials. When you are looking at different attorneys' websites and social media channels, be sure to check for testimonials from past clients. These testimonials can give you some insight into what it is like to work with that particular attorney and whether or not they were satisfied with the outcome of their case.
- Check their case results. Another important factor to consider when choosing an attorney is their track record of success. Be sure to look at the case results section of their website or ask them directly about some of their past cases. This will give you an idea of whether they have experience handling cases like yours and whether they have successfully obtained favorable outcomes for their clients.
- Schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation. Once you have narrowed down your choices, it is time to schedule an initial consultation with each of the attorneys on your list. This consultation allows you to meet with the attorney in person, ask any questions you may have, and get a feel for their personality and how well you would be able to work together. It is essential that you feel comfortable with your attorney and that you are confident in their ability to represent you and your interests.
These tips can help you narrow the list of potential lawyers for your motorcycle accident claim. However, before you hire an attorney, it's essential to consider more about the individual you are hiring to help you recover.
What Traits Should I Look for in a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
As you decide who will represent you after a motorcycle crash, you may:
- Make sure the lawyer has experience handling motorcycle accident cases. Not all lawyers are created equal, and you want to make sure you're working with someone who has successfully represented other motorcycle accident victims in the past. Ask about their track record in court and whether they have any specialized training or experience in this area of law.
- Choose a lawyer who makes you feel comfortable. This is perhaps the most important criterion of all. Dealing with a motorcycle accident is stressful enough without adding the anxiety of working with someone who doesn't make you feel at ease. Interview a few different lawyers before making your final decision so that you can find someone who puts you at ease and makes you feel confident in their ability to get results.
- Look for a lawyer who is also a motorcycle rider. This may seem like an odd criterion, but it's quite important. A lawyer who rides gives a unique perspective into motorcycling culture and the common causes of accidents. They will empathize with what you're going through and fight hard to get you the best possible outcome.
Working with a motorcycle accident lawyer does not have to be a difficult process. By following the tips above, you can be sure to find an attorney that is a good fit for you and your case.
Contact Our Gurnee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bike crash in Illinois, don't hesitate to reach out to our experienced Gurnee motorcycle accident attorney at Hupy and Abraham. We are here to help you through every step of the process and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. We invite you to subscribe to our free motorcycle newsletters and complete our online contact form or call us at 1-800-800-5678 today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.