Lost income includes lost wages, but it’s not limited to lost wages. Lost income may also include your past, present, and future:
- Income from clients or customers. If you are self-employed or own your own business, then you may not have wages, but you may still suffer from lost income.
- Partial lost income or wages. Perhaps, after the accident, you were able to return to your old job, but your injuries prevented you from working as many hours as you did before the motorcycle crash. Or perhaps you have found a new, less demanding job, but you’re paid less per hour. If your total weekly paycheck has shrunk because of your accident injuries, then you may be able to recover for the difference between what you used to earn and what you earn now.
- Lost benefits. The value of your lost insurance and other benefits are also a form of lost income that you may receive compensation for after a motorcycle crash.
All of these losses are important, they may cost you significant amounts of money, and they may be compensated in a motorcycle accident case if you have the right evidence and the right attorney advocating on your behalf.
Lost Income May Require More Documentation for a Complete Recovery
It may seem like you can submit evidence of your lost wages and easily recover for your lost income if a motorcycle accident has left you injured, but in order to fully recover for all of your lost income you may need to submit more evidence. Some of the evidence that may be important includes:
- Pay stubs and previous year personal tax returns.
- Proof of income from your business.
- Evidence of the amount you paid for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance and other benefits before you were involved in the accident and now.
- Documentation of any other benefits you lost because of the accident.
- Medical documentation.
- Expert testimony about the future impact of your injuries on your ability to earn an income.
Lost income is just one aspect of what you may recover after a motorcycle accident. To learn more about what your full and fair motorcycle accident recovery, please download a FREE copy of our book, The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims, and please start a live chat with us today.