In 2019, a jury awarded a California couple more than $2 billion after proving to the court that they got sick from Roundup® exposure. The trial court reduced the award to $86.7 million, but Bayer still appealed the verdict. In 2021, Bayer lost its appeal and a panel of judges upheld the $86.7 million verdict in favor of the couple allegedly harmed by Roundup.
Where Things Stand With Roundup at the End of 2021
There are many Roundup cancer cases still pending against Bayer. At this time:
- Bayer is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to review one of the Roundup cases it lost
- Bayer has put aside more than $16 billion to settle Roundup lawsuits
- The current formula of Roundup is scheduled to come off the market in the United States by 2023
- Bayer was successful in one of its first four Roundup cancer cases. The case involved a 10-year-old boy who had a rare form of cancer and was exposed to Roundup on his property. The court found that there was insufficient evidence to prove Roundup caused the boy’s cancer. Bayer lost the other three Roundup lawsuits.
- Bayer has settled approximately 96,000 Roundup cases.
Now Is the Time to Take Action If You Have Cancer From Roundup Exposure
You have a limited amount of time to pursue a Roundup cancer case. If you have developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, another form of lymphoma, or leukemia after Roundup exposure, we encourage you to contact our Roundup injury lawyers. We will fight for your full financial recovery and to hold Bayer accountable for its actions.
We are available to meet with you by video conference, in your home or hospital room, or in any of our 11 Midwest law offices to discuss your legal rights, possible recovery, and our Win or it’s Free Guarantee.
Bayer has experienced lawyers fighting for them. You deserve the same advantage. Please contact us as soon as possible to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.