Summers in Milwaukee boast some of the most beautiful weather in America. Temperatures that average in the 70s and 80s make it enjoyable for outdoor activities. One of these activities so many are now enjoying is motorcycling. It is not merely a way of transportation but also recreation. Motorcycle riding in Milwaukee has become very popular in recent years. In fact the number of motorcycle licenses issued in the state of Wisconsin has increased 27 percent in the last ten years.
Getting Your Bike Ready for Summer in Milwaukee
As winter fades and summer arrives, residents of Milwaukee begin to dust off the seats of their motorcycles and enthusiastically start the engines. As they eagerly hit the road they are not aware of the hazards they are exposing their bikes to—and, even worse, the danger they can potentially cause to themselves and others. There are steps that should be taken before the first ride of the summer. A few of these steps are:
- Check the lights. Make sure blinkers, headlights, and brake lights are properly working.
- Check fluids. Be sure that the oil and fuel levels are at proper operating level. It is a good idea to take the motorcycle in for an oil change to keep the bike running smoothly.
- Check your mirrors. Adjust mirrors to maximize your side and rear visibility. Also ensure that they are tightly in place so they will not vibrate out of place while riding.
- Check cables and brakes. Take a look at the cables and check for any frayed or worn areas. Check brakes and make sure they are working properly.
- Check tires. Look for any excessive wear on your tires. Replace if necessary.
Injured on a Motorcycle? Contact Our Milwaukee Bike Accident Attorney for a Free Consult
Properly servicing your motorcycle will help you stay safe while riding. Unfortunately, even if these steps are taken, accidents can still happen. If you have been involved in a Milwaukee motorcycle accident you may be entitled to compensation. If you would like a free consultation and insight to your case contact the Milwaukee bike accident attorney at Hupy and Abraham.
Call 414-223-4800 (local) or 800-800-5678 (toll-free) today and you can receive a FREE copy of the book, The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims.