Should I organize a protest or file a police brutality lawsuit if a law enforcement officer hurts me?

In 2020, many Americans took to the streets to protest police brutality. These types of protests are not new. From the civil rights movement of the 1960s until today, people have protested police brutality in various cities throughout the country, including here in Wisconsin.

Protests Raise Awareness

Protests are important. They make the news and raise awareness. The hope is that peaceful protests result in systemic changes that make society safer.

If you or a loved one were the victim of police brutality, then a protest may help you feel supported by your community and may encourage changes that prevent other people from being victims of police brutality.

A protest will not, however, result in financial compensation for your injuries.

Lawsuits Benefit Police Brutality Victims

If you suffered injuries after a police officer’s use of excessive force, then you likely have financial damages. For example, you may have past and future medical expenses, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other costs or losses.

When a police officer violates the law by using excessive force, and you are hurt as a result, you deserve to make a fair recovery.

If you have been physically injured by unnecessary police violence, strip searches, use of tasers, stun guns, or guns, undue restraint, false arrest, or sexual assault, then we encourage you to contact our Wisconsin police brutality lawyers today.

We have secured the largest police brutality lawsuit settlement in Wisconsin history, and we are equally committed to protecting your rights. Call us or reach out to us through this website to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation in any of our Wisconsin offices, in your home or hospital room, or by phone. Let’s talk about your rights, about how to get the recovery that you deserve, and about our Win or It’s Free Guarantee. Together, we can make sure that your rights are protected.


Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.