Getting the names and contact information for Illinois attorneys is easy. An internet search or a call to your local bar association can provide you with a list of lawyers who are admitted to the bar in Illinois and who are legally allowed to represent you. You can narrow down this list by finding lawyers who have previously represented motorcycle accident victims. However, you will still be left with a potentially long list of names.
Gather All of the Information You Can About a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
You want information about the attorney’s legal experience, customer service, and personality. You can begin to gather this information on individual attorney websites by:
- Reading the firm’s mission statement.
- Reviewing client testimonials.
- Reviewing case results.
- Watching videos that the attorney has made.
- Reading books or other promotional materials the firm has created.
This may help you narrow down your list, but it won’t give all of the information that you need.
Make the Most of a Free Consultation With a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Most motorcycle accident lawyers will provide you with a free consultation. You can use that time to ask the attorney important questions to get to know the lawyer better. Some questions to consider include:
- How much do you know about riding?
- How will my case be staffed?
- How will you be paid?
- How will you communicate with me while my case is ongoing?
- What will happen if the insurance company is unwilling to settle for a fair amount?
- Do you have trial experience?
Of course, you should also add your own individual questions to the list.
It is important to hire a lawyer with whom you feel comfortable with and that you believe will fight hard for your fair and just recovery. As experienced riders and injury lawyers, we are passionate about helping other riders who have been hurt recover for their past and future medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, pain, and suffering. Please call us, text, or reach out to us via this website to schedule your free consultation with us today.