If your child was injured in the slip and fall accident and the fall was caused by a dangerous condition that the property owner or manager knew about, or should have known about it, then you should contact a lawyer.
Don’t Listen to These Arguments
People may tell you that it isn’t important for you to contact a lawyer because your child does not earn an income and therefore has not lost any money due to her injury, and because you have health insurance to cover your child’s medical costs. While both of these things may be true, there still may be important reasons to consult a personal injury lawyer if your child has been hurt.
Your child may incur financial injuries that are significant regardless of your health insurance coverage or her non-working status. A fall injury could result in:
- Time lost from her education and other activities.
- Medical expenses or rehabilitation therapies that are not covered by your insurance.
- Expenses for your family if you need to take off from work to care for her or hire someone to do it.
- Permanent injuries that affect her for the rest of her life.
- Physical pain and emotional suffering that are deserving of compensation.
Other costs and injuries may also occur.
Time Is of the Essence
It is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible because:
- The law provides you with a limited amount of time to file a case.
- It is easier to collect evidence soon after an accident occurs.
- The sooner you file a claim, the sooner you may be able to recover damages.
You can find out more information right away by watching our free videos and by starting a free, no-obligation live chat with us via this website.