Approximately 30,000 people call Gurnee, Illinois, home and another 23 million come to visit Gurnee annually. Whether you live, work, shop, or vacation in Gurnee, you can keep yourself safe by knowing common causes of local accidents and what to do if you are hurt in a Gurnee car crash.
Causes of Gurnee Car Crashes
Official government records indicate that most Gurnee car accidents happen when drivers’ conditions are not affected by drugs, alcohol, distraction, or other forms of negligent driving. However, an experienced car accident lawyer will investigate the cause of your car crash to determine if your accident was caused by a(n):
- Drunk driver
- Drugged driver
- Aggressive driver
- Distracted driver
- Drowsy driver
- Reckless driver
- Emotional driver
- Ill driver
- Vehicle with defective brakes, steering, tires, or other parts
10 Interesting Facts About Gurnee Auto Accidents
An auto accident may happen anywhere at any time. While we can identify common causes of car crashes, most accidents occur when we least expect them. For example, in Gurnee, most accidents:
- Happen in clear weather and on dry roads
- Are rear-end crashes
- Occur on weekdays rather than weekends
- Occur during daylight hours
- Happen on roads with no road defects
- Happen in cars with no manufacturing defects
- Involve passenger cars
- Occur in the late afternoon, but accidents do occur at all times of day
- Involve drivers whose conditions are labeled “normal” rather than intoxicated, emotional, ill, or fatigued
- Involve drivers in their 20s, 30s, 40s, or 50s and less frequently teen or older drivers
After any crash, an experienced Gurnee personal injury lawyer will investigate what happened, identify liable parties, advise you of your rights, and fight for the recovery you deserve.
What to Do After a Gurnee Car Wreck
You can begin protecting your rights immediately after a traffic accident by:
- Calling the police. The police will come to the accident scene, get medical attention for anyone who needs it, prevent a secondary accident, and investigate what happened. After the crash, you can request a copy of the police report.
- Accepting medical attention. You may be hurt even if you don’t feel any immediate injury symptoms. Accordingly, it’s essential to be seen by a healthcare professional.
- Taking pictures and collecting evidence. Pictures, videos, and witness contact information may be important to your car accident claim.
Once you leave the accident scene, you can continue protecting your rights by:
- Continuing to get medical treatment. Your ongoing medical treatment will help you manage your pain and recovery from your accident injuries. Additionally, your medical records are significant evidence in your car accident claim.
- Watching what you post on social media. Your posts, check-ins, photos, and videos may be taken out of context and used to try to prove that your injuries aren’t as bad as you claim.
- Being cautious with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters are not on your side. They want you to settle your claim for as little money as possible to maximize the insurance company’s profits.
- Contacting a Gurnee car accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer will ensure that all of your rights are protected and protect you from making mistakes that could hurt your car accident case.
You don’t have to do everything perfectly. Perhaps your injuries prevented you from taking one or more of the steps described above, or maybe you didn’t know what to do. That’s okay. Our experienced Gurnee car accident lawyers are here to help you.
Illinois insurers know that we mean business and are often willing to settle our clients’ car accident claims. If a fair settlement can’t be reached, we will be ready to take your case to court. Our goal is to help you recover from any injuries you suffered because of someone else’s negligence, including past and future:
- Healthcare costs
- Lost income
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Other expenses
Please contact us any time for a free and confidential consultation to discuss your potential case, recovery, and our Win or It’s Free Guarantee. We would be happy to meet with you in our Gurnee law office, by video or phone conference, or in your home or hospital room. Please call us, start a live chat with us, or complete our contact form to have us contact you.