If your loved one has died because of the negligent or intentional actions of another person, then your family may be able to recover damages for your loved one’s wrongful death. Not every accident results in a wrongful death. However, if your loved one died in any of the following types of accidents, then it is important to talk to a wrongful death lawyer about whether you may have a claim for damages.
Specifically, it is important to consider a wrongful death case if your loved one dies from…
- Nursing home abuse or negligence. Abusive or negligent actions of nursing home staff can result in serious and fatal injuries for nursing home residents.
- Prescription drug or medical device injuries. Prescription drugs and medical devices may have fatal side effects that were caused by the negligent design, manufacturing, or warning of a pharmaceutical company.
- Negligent security injuries. Some fatal assault injuries are caused, in part, by the lack of security that property owners have in place which make assaults and attacks possible.
- Dog bite injuries. A dog bite can result in excessive bleeding, infection, or other fatal complications.
- Motorcycle accident injuries. Riders are at risk of fatal injuries due to the negligence of other motorists who are reckless on the road.
- Truck accident injuries. Truckers can cause fatal crashes that take the lives of other motorists. If your loved one dies in this type of crash, then it is important to consider whether it was the trucker, trucking company, or another party that was responsible for the crash.
- Drunk driving accident injuries. Drunk driving accounts for a significant percentage of fatal motor vehicle accidents in Illinois.
- Drowsy driving accident injuries. Tired drivers may be just as dangerous as drunk drivers.
- Distracted driving accident injuries. Distracted drivers can cause a fatality if their hands are off the steering wheel, their eyes are off the road, or their minds are off driving safely.
- Other car accident injuries. While many fatal car crashes are caused by drunk, drowsy, or distracted drivers, there are also crashes that occur due to other type of driver negligence.
- Bicycle accident injuries. Bicyclists are at particular risk of suffering a fatal injury when a motorist is negligent.
- Pedestrian accident injuries. Pedestrians, like bicyclists, are at risk of suffering fatal injuries due to motorist negligence because they lack the protective metal of a car or truck.
- Slip and fall accident injuries. A head injury, spinal cord injury, or other type of fatal injury could occur after a slip and fall accident.
- Injuries on someone else’s property. Slip and falls are not the only type of fatal accident that could occur on someone else’s property. If a property owner’s negligence results in your loved one’s death, then you may have a cause of action.
If your loved one died in one of these kinds of accidents then we encourage you to contact us today to find out if you may have a wrongful death claim and if you may be able to recover damages. Please reach out to us via this website or by phone at your convenience to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced and empathetic wrongful death lawyer.