Car accidents can be incredibly traumatic experiences, and they can leave you with serious injuries that result in financial strain due to medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. In some cases, the accident may have been caused by the negligence or recklessness of another driver. If that's the case, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses, including pain and suffering, and our car accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL, can help.
At Hupy and Abraham, our experienced Bloomington auto accident attorney has a track record of success in obtaining justice for victims of car accidents across Illinois. We understand how devastating these types of incidents can be, and we will fight to get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
When you're in an auto accident, the last thing on your mind is how to navigate the complex legal system. An experienced car crash lawyer will be familiar with insurance laws and regulations as well as federal, state, and local laws that may be applicable to your case. They will also provide advice and guidance throughout the entire process, from filing a claim to negotiating a settlement.
To recover damages, your lawyer will need to prove that another party was negligent in their actions and caused the accident and your injuries. Our experienced Bloomington car accident attorney understands what is required in order to prove a car accident case and will do the following:
- Gather evidence. A car accident attorney will investigate the accident and gather valuable evidence, such as police and medical reports, photographs from the accident scene, and witness testimony to use to build a strong case against the negligent party.
- Determine a value for your case. An attorney will assess your damages and determine a value for your claim.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies. A car accident attorney will negotiate settlements with insurance companies on your behalf, so you do not have to be pressured to settle for less than what your claim is worth.
- Represent you in court. In some cases, an attorney will take your case to trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached with the insurance company.
If another party is found responsible for the accident and your injuries, possible damages in a Bloomington car crash case include the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income earnings
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Can I Deal With Ithe Insurance Company Without an Attorney?
While you can go ahead and try to work with the insurance company on your own behalf, it is not recommended. Aside from the fact that the insurance company will likely give you a lowball offer, an experienced attorney knows what to say and how to talk to an insurance adjuster.
What Do Car Crash Attorneys Charge?
Many attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay anything out of pocket for their services. Instead, the fees are calculated as a percentage of the total amount of your settlement or award. That way, you can be sure that the attorney is only being compensated if and when you receive compensation.
The typical contingency fee for a car accident lawyer in Bloomington, IL, may vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the case and the experience level of the lawyer. It's always best to get an understanding of all applicable fees from your attorney before proceeding with legal action so that you are not surprised once your case settles. At Hupy and Abraham, we have a Win or It’s Free Guarantee, so there is no risk to you since we only get paid if we win.
When to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Bloomington?
When it comes to crashes, depending on the severity, you will likely need the assistance of an experienced auto accident lawyer. If you are involved in an auto collision, your first step should be to contact the authorities and seek medical attention if necessary. If your accident results in any personal injury or property damage, you should seek legal advice from an experienced car accident lawyer.
Remember, it is essential to act quickly after a car accident. Evidence can quickly disappear, and there are strict time limits for filing a claim. In addition, the sooner you seek legal assistance, the more likely valuable evidence will be preserved so you can settle your case and receive compensation.
Hiring a Bloomington auto accident attorney as soon as possible can also help reduce stress during this traumatic time. Since our Bloomington car accident lawyer will take care of all the legal paperwork and filings, you can focus on recovering from your injuries instead of anything else.
How Long Does a Car Wreck Settlement Take With a Lawyer?
On average, the car accident settlement process with a lawyer can take anywhere from one to two years. It's important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your accident, so you can build a strong case and navigate negotiations with insurance companies.
An experienced car crash attorney in Bloomington, IL, will be able to guide you through legal proceedings and ensure that all parties involved are held accountable while negotiating a fair settlement as quickly as possible. However, the timeline of your case may vary depending on the complexity of the situation and the evidence available.
How to Find a Lawyer for a Car Accident in Bloomington?
Finding the right lawyer for your car crash case can be an overwhelming and stressful process. Here are some tips to help you find the best legal representation in Bloomington:
- Do your research. You will want to look for lawyers with experience handling car accident cases similar to yours. You can do research by reading online reviews, looking at case results, and browsing testimonials from past clients to get an idea of how satisfied others have been with the lawyer and what types of settlements have been secured.
- Ask for referrals. Consider asking for recommendations from family and friends of lawyers they may have used for a similar case and have produced positive results. You may even want to consider using an attorney you know personally or have used for another issue. Just make sure that the lawyer you choose is experienced in car accidents.
- Schedule a consultation. Most lawyers offer a free initial consultation. This can give you the opportunity to get a better feel for the lawyer’s style and see if they are the right fit for your case. When you are speaking with potential lawyers, make sure to ask about their experience, qualifications, fees, and any other questions you may have.
After considering all your options, you can make an informed decision and choose the lawyer who is best suited to represent you. You will want to choose a lawyer that you feel comfortable talking to and who is willing to answer your questions.
When is it Too Late to Get a Bloomington Car Accident Attorney?
When it comes to car accidents, it is never too late to get an attorney. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the better your chances are of getting the compensation you deserve. However, most states have time limits that can affect your ability to file a claim or lawsuit, so it’s important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
The statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit in Illinois is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if you do not file the claim within two years of the car accident, then your case will most likely be dismissed, and you will not be able to pursue compensation for any damages.
There are some exceptions to the two-year statute of limitations. For example:
- If your loved one was killed in a car accident, you have one to two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- If the accident involved a government vehicle, you only have one year from the date of the accident to file a claim.
- If you are only claiming property damage, you will have five years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
Contact Our Bloomington Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident in Bloomington, contact our experienced team at Hupy and Abraham for a free consultation. We'll go above and beyond to win your case. We offer a Win or It’s Free Guarantee. To set up a confidential appointment, fill out our convenient contact form online or call us at 1-800-800-5678.