After suffering injuries in a major car crash in Gurnee, it can be hard to know what to do. You need medical care, help with insurance claims, and legal advice about who is liable for your damages. An Illinois personal injury lawyer will be able to advise you on what to expect in terms of damages and will handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident in Northern Illinois, please contact our Gurnee car accident lawyer today for help.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Gurnee?
There are many reasons why you should consider hiring a car accident attorney in Gurnee. First and foremost, an experienced attorney will know how to navigate the complex legal system and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. If your injuries are serious, you may be facing a long road to recovery. A car crash lawyer will take care of the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery. It is a good idea to call a car accident lawyer if any of the following factors apply to your situation:
- You have serious injuries. If you've been involved in a car accident and have sustained serious injuries, you should hire a lawyer. Serious injuries include broken bones, paralysis, and head or brain injuries. These types of injuries can have a long-lasting impact on your health and well-being, and you'll need an experienced lawyer to get the compensation you deserve.
- The other driver was at fault. If the other driver was at fault for the accident, a lawyer could be very helpful. An experienced car accident lawyer will know how to investigate the accident and gather evidence to prove that the other driver was at fault. This evidence can include eyewitness testimony, photos of the scene of the accident, and the police report.
- You need help navigating the insurance claim process. A lawyer will help you navigate the insurance claim process and will know how to deal with insurance companies and their adjusters. They will also be familiar with the laws in your state that pertain to car accidents and insurance claims and will have the experience necessary to determine the full value of your claim.
While minor fender-benders do not require representation by a lawyer, if you were seriously injured and the insurance company for the at-fault driver is not cooperative, you should talk to a lawyer about how they could help your case. At Hupy and Abraham, we offer free initial consultations for just this purpose—we will help you understand your options and tell you whether we can add value to your case.
Common Types of Car Wreck Injuries in Illinois
Car accidents can result in a number of different kinds of serious injuries. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a neck injury caused by sudden acceleration or deceleration. It can happen when you are rear-ended or T-boned by another vehicle. The symptoms of whiplash include neck pain, stiffness, and headaches. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Broken bones. Broken bones are one of the most common injuries caused by car accidents. They can happen when you are hit by another vehicle from any direction. The symptoms of a broken bone include pain, swelling, and bruising. Sometimes, bone fractures require surgery and can involve a long recovery process.
- Concussion. A concussion is a type of brain injury that can happen if your head hits something during a car accident. Concussions can range from mild to severe. The symptoms of a concussion include headache, dizziness, nausea, and confusion. A concussion can sometimes be a "hidden" injury, so it is important to see a doctor if your head was impacted in any way during the crash so that you can be properly diagnosed and treated.
Even if you don't think you are seriously injured, it is vital that you see a doctor as soon as possible after the crash for a full medical assessment.
When Should I Call a Gurnee Car Accident Attorney?
If you've been in a car crash, it's important to seek medical attention immediately, even if you think your injuries are minor. Once you've been seen by a medical professional, you should then contact a lawyer. An experienced Gurnee car accident attorney will be able to evaluate your case and advise you on the best course of action. The sooner our personal injury team can get started on your case, the more likely it is that we will be able to resolve your case successfully and quickly.
What Is the Statute of Limitations in Illinois?
The reason we mention above that it's important to seek legal assistance quickly after your accident is because of what is known as the statute of limitations. In Gurnee, the statute of limitations for a car accident is two years. But, what exactly does that mean? Find out below:
How Long Does a Car Crash Settlement Take?
The amount of time it takes to reach a settlement in a car accident case varies depending on the circumstances of the case. If both parties are able to reach an agreement out of court, the settlement process may only take a few months. However, if your case goes to trial, it could take years to reach a final resolution. Some general factors that can affect the length of your settlement process include:
- The severity of your injuries. If you've been seriously injured in a car accident, it's likely that your case will take longer to settle than if you've only sustained minor injuries. This is because your lawyer will want to make sure they understand the full extent of your injuries and the cost of current and future medical treatment before determining the value of the claim. Also, the higher the value of the claim is, the more likely it is that the insurance company for the at-fault party will drag out a settlement.
- The insurance companies involved. If you're dealing with more than one insurance company—for example, if you were hit by an uninsured driver or if you have multiple drivers on your own policy—settling your case can take longer. This is because each insurance company will want to determine its own level of liability before agreeing to a settlement.
- Whether you have an attorney. It's always advisable to consult with an experienced injury attorney after a car crash in Gurnee, IL. An attorney can help you navigate the complicated legal process and ensure that you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. In most cases, having an attorney will help speed up the settlement process.
If you've been injured in a car accident, it's important to understand that there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how long it will take to settle your case. However, there are some general factors that can affect the length of your settlement process, including the severity of your injuries, the insurance companies involved, and whether or not you have an experienced car crash lawyer on your side. Understanding these factors can help you better anticipate how long it will take to settle your case and get the compensation you deserve.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Gurnee?
At Hupy and Abraham, we work on a contingency basis for personal injury cases, which means we only get paid if we win your case. Contingency fees are typically calculated as a percentage of the total settlement amount, and we will be clear about what those fees are upfront. The bottom line is that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by scheduling your free consultation with our team.
Contact Our Gurnee Car Accident Attorney for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one was injured in an automobile accident, contact Hupy and Abraham for a free consultation. Our Gurnee car accident lawyer will go above and beyond to win your case and have a Win or It's Free Guarantee. To set up a confidential appointment, fill out our convenient contact form online or call us at 1-800-800-5678.