Yes. Wisconsin law does not require that the fall be inside a store or other business in order for you to recover damages. However, if you slip or trip and fall outside of a store then you are going to have to know exactly what to do in order to protect your possible recovery.

You Are Going to Have to Prove Your Claim

One of the first things that you are going to have to establish is who owned the property on which you were injured. Was it the store? The city of Milwaukee? Someone else?

Some of the evidence that your slip and fall lawyer may gather may include:

  • A property deed that shows who owns the property.
  • Documentation of who typically cares for the property. For example, who clears the snow or makes sure the entrance to the store is unobstructed?
  • Documentation about who fixes the property if something is broken.


Once you know who owns the property and is responsible for the its upkeep, you are then going to have to prove your slip and fall claim. To do that you will need to establish why you were hurt.

Do You Have Questions About How to Do This?

Whether you were hurt outside a restaurant in Brewers’ Hill, a clothing store in Granville, or another Milwaukee business, it is important for you to get answers to all of your questions. You can do that by reading our free library articles and by filling out our online contact form today to have our lawyers contact you directly.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.