Your injury claim should pay your medical bills related to your drug or medical device injury

The answer to your question depends on two things: why you were hurt, and what action you decide to take.

You may be able to recover your medical expenses and other damages from the pharmaceutical company if you can prove that the company’s negligence caused your injury. For example, if you can prove that there was a defect in the design, marketing, or manufacturing of the medication or medical device then the pharmaceutical company may be legally responsible for paying your damages.

However, in order to get the pharmaceutical company to pay your medical expenses and other damages, you will need to take action. In most cases, you will need to take legal action. If you fail to do so, then you may be left having to pay for all of your past and future medical expenses.

What’s Included in Medical Expenses?

Medical expenses include all of the health care costs associated with the injury that you suffered because of the medication or medical device. This includes medical care that you have already received, medical care that you are currently getting, and medical care that you are reasonably expected to require in the future. Medical expenses may include compensation for things such as:

  • Hospitalizations.
  • Surgeries.
  • Doctors’ appointments.
  • Medications.
  • Assistive medical devices.
  • Rehabilitation therapies.

The value of your past and current medical expenses may be easy to prove since you should have the bills that state an exact dollar figure. Future medical costs may be harder to value and may require the testimony of doctors and other expert witnesses.

It Is Worth Fighting for a Full Recovery of Medical Expenses

Otherwise, you may be left with the bills.

To find out more about how to protect your fair recovery of damages from a medication or medical device injury, please contact an experienced pharmaceutical class action lawyer today for a free, no obligation consultation. We are available every day around the clock via this website or by phone at 1-800-800-5678.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.