Injuries are a leading cause of disability for people of all ages, as well as the leading cause of death for Americans ages 1 to 44. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unintentional falls account for 19,565 deaths annually in the U.S. They estimate that 20% to 30% of people who experience a slip and fall will suffer moderate to severe injuries such as bruises, hip fractures or head injuries. Summer is considered “peak season” for slip and fall injuries.
Luckily, there are many simple things to do to help prevent these common injuries and we are here to help you answer the question -- how can you prevent a slip and fall injury in the summer? Here are some great tips to keep you safe all summer long.
Common Summer Slip and Fall Injuries
- Falls off ladders while doing household chores and projects
- Skateboard injuries
- Sports-related injuries
- Playground and trampoline injuries
- Biking injuries
- Wet weather slip and fall injuries
- Poolside injuries
- Common summer footwear-related injuries (sandals and flip-flops)
Tips to Prevent Injuries
- Wear the right shoes.
- Do not run around the pool area.
- Do not run on any wet surfaces.
- Walk carefully after it has been, and when it is raining.
- Wear a helmet while skateboarding and biking.
- Supervise children when playing – especially at the playground or pool.
- Warm up before working out or playing a sport.
We hope you have an amazing, adventure-filled summer. However, accidents still happen, even if you are prepared and careful. If you or a loved one is injured in any way due to the negligent actions of another, the personal injury attorneys at Hupy and Abraham are here to help. We have decades of experience helping victims of injuries.
Contact us at 800-800-5678 for a free consultation, or start a live chat any time at Hupy.com.