For many women in the United States, a transvaginal mesh is a necessary medical appliance intended to treat and prevent pelvic organ prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders. However, for some these appliances are causing far more harm than good to those that use them.
Roughly 10% of women who have used transvaginal mesh have experienced considerable complications. From debilitating pain to permanent damage to the application area, women across the country are suffering at the hands of a product that was meant to help them.
The manufacturers had little to no long-term data on the safety of these appliances before bringing them to market. As a result, many of the effected persons have filed lawsuits against the pharmaceutical companies responsible for manufacturing and selling these defective products.
Many of those filing lawsuits have highlighted similar side effects in their claims:
- Infection, pain, discomfort, allergic reaction, or irritation near the surgery site
- Difficulty urinating, incontinence and involuntary urination
- Pain during everyday activities, including urination and sexual intercourse
- Organ perforation or mesh erosion into nearby organs and tissue
- Recurrent pelvic organ prolapses
If you or a loved one have used a transvaginal mesh and fallen victim to any of these side effects, the time to take legal action is now. The attorneys at Hupy and Abraham are skilled and prepared to take your case and ensure you get the proper compensation for your suffering. Our offices can be reached at 800-800-5678 or via online chat at hupy.com