Less than ten years ago, the thought of electric cars replacing gasoline-powered vehicles seemed like a pipe dream. Fast forward to 2021, and now the possibility of that becoming a reality isn't so far-fetched. Regardless if people favor electric cars or not, one thing is always for certain, change is inevitable in all aspects of life. The car industry is no different when it comes to change. Slowly but surely, electric cars have been gaining traction year after year, with the most prominent manufacturer, Tesla, leading the way.
Tesla has dominated the EV (electric vehicle) market for years in terms of sales, charging stations and being an overall trailblazer for this new market. Because of that trailblazing mentality and success, other manufacturers who stated multiple times that Tesla would fail over the years, have now started producing electronic cars of their own. Manufacturers such as Kia, Volkswagen, BMW, Nissan and perhaps the biggest critic of electric vehicles, Ford, have all begun to produce electric vehicles.
It's safe to say that this domino effect isn't slowing down anytime soon. However, there still are hesitations and skeptics throughout the world who question the use of electric vehicles. The most common questions usually revolve around reliability and if it will actually improve your driving experience. This article will go over the pros of switching to an electric vehicle.
- Safety: While most traditional cars can implement safety features to make driving more safe, electric cars take it to a whole other level. Electric vehicles come installed with a computer, an array of cameras and the classic five-star rating safety certification. A combination of those features gives the rider a much advanced safer driving experience. Some features include lane assist, autobraking and cameras that continuously survey the area while driving.
- Savings: It's no secret that electricity is cheaper than gasoline. This is one of the most desirable features of electric vehicles. While you may pay a higher price upfront than some traditional cars, the savings you receive from never needing to refuel on gas and little to no maintenance on the car itself will potentially save thousands of dollars with years of continued use.
- Environmental impact: An average passenger vehicle will emit around 4.6 metric tons of CO2 per year. The average electric vehicle will emit an astounding 0 tons of CO2 per year. This has been an increasingly important topic as climate change continues to impact the planet. Individuals and manufacturers have been taking note of this and have taken steps to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Maintenance: As briefly stated earlier, electric vehicles require little to no service. With the absence of an engine, you will no longer have to worry about services for oil changes, spark plugs, tuneups and so on.
- Noise level: If you've ever been near an electric vehicle, you more than likely quickly realized how quiet they are. If you live on a busy street or have been on any highway, you know just how loud traditional cars can be. This can be very beneficial to all individuals as prolonged exposure to noisy environments can cause hearing damage.
These are just some of the many benefits that electric cars offer. While it is clear that the electric car industry has a long way to go before being entirely accepted globally. It is most certainly no longer a topic of whether they can be reliable enough to replace traditional cars.
For more information and resources, visit hupy.com and also visit our Facebook page.
Our personal injury law firm is the largest in the Midwest, with offices located in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. Our attorneys have secured a number of settlements in excess of a million dollars. Contact us anytime -- 24/7/365 -- by phone or online chat to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today.