Traveling on Interstate 41 in Green Bay or anywhere else in Wisconsin, Illinois or Iowa, should be a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, many motorcycle accidents take place here. As riders who love freedom and excitement hit the open road, negligent passenger-vehicle drivers can quickly take this excitement and freedom away.
The Risk of Broken Rib Motorcycle Accident Injuries
One of the common injuries that many motorcycle riders deal with after an accident is a broken rib. A broken rib can be quite painful and cause further internal damage, such as a punctured lung.
Some of the common symptoms of a broken rib include:
- Pain. You may experience severe pain in the injured area. The pain may also be present when you try to breathe.
- Shortness of breath. Because the ribs are located so close to the lungs, a fractured rib can cause breathing complications. Shortness of breath may also be an indication of other internal injuries.
- Other symptoms. Victims may also experience restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, or sleepiness.
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should seek medical attention for a diagnosis and treatment.
What to Do If You Break a Rib
The actions you take now will affect your possible recovery. After you’ve been diagnosed with a broken rib, we encourage you to take four simple steps. These steps include:
- Following your doctor’s treatment plan. You don’t want to risk additional pain or a secondary injury by failing to take care of yourself. Additionally, failing to follow your doctor’s advice could hurt your motorcycle accident case.
- Not speaking with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters may seem concerned and friendly, but they want to pay you as little as you will accept for your injuries. They may try to get you to say something that could hurt your case.
- Staying off of social media sites. Anything that you post on social media may be used against you. Even if you think what you are posting is irrelevant to your claim, an insurer may use it to prove you aren’t as hurt as you say.
- Contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer. An attorney can make sure that all of your rights are protected and help you avoid potentially costly mistakes.
Protect Your Recovery With the Help of a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Who Is a Rider Like You
As a motorcycle rider, you have the right to enjoy the road without being hurt. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen. Now, as an accident victim, you have the right to understand your legal options.
If broken ribs have kept you out of work, caused you to incur medical bills or other expenses, or resulted in significant physical pain or emotional suffering, you may have the right to make a fair recovery for all of your accident damages.
The law protects you if someone else’s negligence has injured you. In order to determine if you have a legal case, your motorcycle accident lawyers are going to consider not only your physical injuries but also whether another driver’s negligence caused you to suffer those physical injuries.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers are also riders. We understand how motorcycle crashes may happen and how another driver may be at fault, and we want to protect your recovery. So far, we’ve helped more than 4,000 injured motorcyclists recover tens of millions of dollars.
Insurance companies know that our motorcycle accident lawyers mean business and that we won’t stop fighting until our clients get fair recoveries. Accordingly, they are often willing to settle our clients’ claims rather than risk the costs and uncertainty of going to court.
You won’t have to worry about the possible attorney fees in your case because we are only paid if your claim is successful. Our Win or It’s Free Guarantee makes a motorcycle accident case risk-free for you.
For more information about your legal rights and possible financial recovery, we encourage you to contact us online or by calling 1-800-800-5678. We’d be happy to schedule a free consultation in any of our 11 Midwest motorcycle accident law offices, in your hospital room or home, or by video conference or phone. We also invite you to learn more about your rights immediately by downloading a complimentary copy of our book, The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims.