You are out a lot of money, and you could be out even more money in the future because of your scooter or moped accident injury. The medical bills and your regular bills may be adding up quickly, and you may be unable to go to work to earn the money necessary to pay them. Before your financial situation worsens, you need to know if you can recover compensation for your injuries and what that compensation could include.
Your Scooter Accident Recovery Will Depend on Three Things
As you seek to protect your rights, it is important to recognize that your recovery will depend on:
- Who caused the scooter accident. You must prove who was negligent because it is that person, or that person’s insurance company, who is responsible for paying your damages.
- The evidence you have to prove negligence and the value of your damages. You will need convincing evidence about who caused the crash and how badly you were hurt. This may include things like photos, videos, witness statements, and medical records.
- How you fight for your recovery. You must present convincing arguments about liability and the value of your damages. Often, people who are represented by experienced personal injury lawyers are more likely to make fair recoveries.
The other commitments and responsibilities that you had before your accident have not gone away. It can be overwhelming to try to handle all of these things on your own. However, you don’t have to do this alone.
Protect Your Fair Compensation After a Moped Crash
Our experienced personal injury lawyers will provide you with the best possible representation from the beginning of your case until its conclusion. We will gather evidence and fight for your fair recovery of past, current, and future:
- Medical costs. All of your healthcare costs from your ambulance ride to your last treatment should be compensated. This includes hospital stays, diagnostic tests, doctors’ office visits, medications, physical therapy, and other types of rehabilitation therapies.
- Lost income. Any income that you could not earn because of your injuries should be part of our recovery. This may be your entire income if you are unable to work at all or a part of your income if you can still work fewer hours or a different job.
- Physical pain and emotional suffering. The value of your pain and suffering may be significant, but hard to prove. Witness statements, medical records, and your own testimony may be important in determining the value.
- Other damages related to your accident. Out-of-pocket costs include things like transportation, household help, and childcare that you only need because of your accident injuries.
To find out more about the specific value of your damages or how we can help you protect the recovery that you deserve after an Illinois scooter accident, please contact us today for a free consultation. Let the insurance company know that you mean business and that you will fight to protect the financial compensation you deserve.