Passenger vans commonly carry small groups of people on Illinois roads. Whether the van transports a youth group, a work carpool, or senior citizens, these vans are useful but also risky.
Reasonable Care Can Prevent Van Accidents
Van drivers—like all drivers—must use reasonable care to avoid motor vehicle crashes. The failure to exercise reasonable care can cause a van crash.
Reasonable care is unique to every situation and should be evaluated by an experienced Illinois personal injury lawyer after a van wreck. However, reasonable care commonly includes things such as:
- Experience. Vans don’t require special endorsements on a driver’s license. However, van drivers should be confident in their ability to drive a van safely before traveling on busy roads or transporting passengers.
- Checking tires. Tire pressure should be checked regularly to reduce the risk of rollover accidents.
- Careful cargo loading. Cargo should not be transported on the roof and should only be loaded according to the van maker’s recommendations.
- Driving the speed limit. Van drivers who use reasonable care do not exceed the speed limit.
- Attentive driving. Van drivers should remain focused and avoid distracted driving.
Was Your Van Accident Preventable?
As a van passenger or another motorist, you won’t immediately know whether the van driver exercised reasonable care immediately before the crash. However, an experienced Illinois personal injury lawyer will find out what caused your crash and who was responsible for your accident injuries.
If reasonable care would have prevented your accident injuries, then our injury lawyers will fight for your fair recovery of past and future medical costs, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses, pain, suffering, and other damages.
Call us today and schedule a free consultation to find out more about your rights and potential recovery. It won’t cost you anything to find out if you might have a case, but waiting too long to file a personal injury claim could cost you your entire recovery. You can reach us any time by phone, live chat, or filling out our online contact form.