You didn’t cause the scooter accident that left you injured. Someone else hurt you and changed your life, but now the ball is in your court. You are in control of your recovery, and whether you can recover damages after a scooter accident depends on the steps that you take now.
Here are Your Choices After a Scooter Crash
After a scooter or moped accident, you can:
- Do nothing. In most cases, this will also mean that you recover nothing and that you remain financially responsible for all of the bills and expenses that resulted from your injury.
- Represent yourself. This may be stressful and overwhelming. The insurance company is going to try to pay you as little as possible for your injuries. It can be hard to fight the insurance company on your own.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer. When you hire a personal injury lawyer, you send a signal to the insurance company that you mean business. Your lawyer can investigate your case, gather evidence, and make the strong and convincing arguments that are necessary to secure your fair recovery.
Act Now Before It’s Too Late to Recover Scooter Accident Damages
You have a limited amount of time to pursue a scooter accident case in Iowa. In most cases, the statute of limitations gives you just two years to file your case. Therefore, you need to act quickly to protect your fair recovery of:
- Medical expenses. You may have a lot of medical bills after a scooter crash, and those bills may continue for months or years to come. A legal recovery may include compensation for all of your healthcare costs including hospital services, doctors’ visits, medications, medical procedures, and rehabilitation therapies.
- Lost income. Whether you work for someone else or you are self-employed, you may be able to recover for any income that you cannot earn due to your injury.
- Pain and suffering. Your physical pain and emotional suffering may be difficult to value, but it can be done, and it may be a significant part of your recovery.
- Out-of-pocket expenses and other damages. Any other costs that you can prove are directly related to your scooter accident may be part of your recovery.
To learn more, please call us today to schedule a free consultation and to find out about our Win or It’s Free Guarantee!