Initial consultations serve two important purposes. First, it gives your potential personal injury lawyer the chance to meet you and learn about your possible case. Second, it allows you to interview your potential personal injury lawyer so that you can decide if you are hiring the right lawyer for you.
Ask These Questions When You Meet a Lawyer
During your first meeting with a lawyer, you may ask questions such as:
- What experience do you have with cases similar to mine?
- Have you ever gone to trial on a case like mine?
- If my case can’t be settled fairly, are you willing to go to trial?
- What do you charge and how are you paid?
- Will anyone other than you be working on my case?
- How will I be kept informed about the status of my case?
- How should I communicate with you if I have a question or concern?
- What do you think my case is worth?
- What problems or challenges do you expect in my case?
- What will you expect of me as my case progresses?
- Can you give me references or point me to testimonials from previous clients?
- Can you provide me with any peer reviews?
- Are you a member of any legal organizations?
- Does your firm have the financial resources to investigate my case thoroughly?
- What happens next?
The answers to these questions—and any others that you may have—should give you a better understanding of the lawyer who may represent you in your personal injury case.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
You have an important decision to make. You want to hire the right lawyer for your case. Accordingly, we invite you to come in and to meet with our experienced, award-winning attorneys. We will answer your questions and provide you with all of the information that you need to make your decision. Call us or start a live chat with us now to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.