This may be the first time you are meeting with a personal injury lawyer. You want to make the most of your initial consultation, but you don’t know what to expect or how to prepare for the meeting.
An experienced Illinois truck accident lawyer will make you feel comfortable and walk you through the meeting. You will be asked questions about the truck accident and your injuries. You will be provided with information about how your case will work and your potential recovery.
You don’t need to worry that you will do the wrong thing during the meeting. However, you can make the most of the meeting by taking a few simple steps to prepare for it.
Prepare Some Questions
During your first meeting with a truck accident injury lawyer, you should ask questions such as:
- What experience do you have with truck accident cases similar to mine?
- How will we work together during my case?
- How can I reach you during my case?
- Are you willing to take my case to trial?
- Who will be working on my case?
- How will you be paid?
You should expect the lawyer to answer all of these questions—and any other questions you may have—fully and honestly.
What to Bring With You
The following documentation may be helpful during an initial consultation:
- Police report
- Photos from the accident scene
- Medical records or a description of your accident injuries
- Contact information for your insurance company, the trucking company’s insurance company, the trucking company, and any witnesses to the crash
This information is useful, but don’t let the absence of any of this information prevent you from meeting with a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash.
Schedule Your Meeting Today
You have a limited amount of time to file an Illinois truck accident lawsuit. Therefore, it is important to schedule your initial consultation as soon as possible. You can schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today by calling us or starting a live chat with us at any time. We would be happy to meet with you at your home, in your hospital room, or in our Bloomington, Gurnee, or Rockford, Illinois office.