Medical Bills With a Stethoscope and Calculator

The answer to your question depends on how you were hurt and the steps that you take after you are hurt. If you don’t do anything, then you will have to pay all of your medical bills. Your bills could be paid, for example, by your health insurance company, out of your own bank account, or in installments from your future income.

Police Brutality Victims May Have Another Option

If a police officer’s excessive and unnecessary force caused your injury, then you may not need to pay your own medical bills. Instead, you can pursue a police brutality case. If your claim is successful in court or a settlement is reached, then your medical bills may be paid for you.

To get fair compensation for your medical expenses, it is important to:

  • Keep track of your medical bills
  • Get an expert medical opinion about your future medical needs
  • Understand what your future medical expenses will be before you agree to a settlement

Your recovery should include compensation for all of your past and future medical needs related to your police brutality injuries. This could include but isn’t always limited to, hospitalizations, surgeries, doctors’ visits, medications, assistive medical devices, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.

Take the First Step of Your Police Brutality Case Today

Your time to file a police brutality case is limited by law. Accordingly, it is important to act quickly before your time to file a claim expires and while valuable evidence that could prove your claim is still available.

The first step to getting your medical bills and other damages paid is to contact an experienced police brutality lawyer. Hupy and Abraham has the largest police brutality settlement in Wisconsin history. We know how to gather evidence and make strong arguments to protect our clients’ rights. Call us today for a free and confidential consultation. We would be happy to meet with you in any of our Wisconsin offices, and if you can’t come to us, then we will come to you.


Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.