Knowing What to Say to an Insurance Adjuster After an Iowa Motorcycle Wreck

You should tell the insurance adjuster that you are represented by an attorney and that all communication about your case should be directed to your attorney. Of course, you can only say this if you are in fact represented by a lawyer. Therefore, it is important to understand what the insurance adjuster is trying to accomplish by getting your recorded statement and how a lawyer can help you in this situation.

The Insurance Adjuster Is Trying to Pay You as Little as Possible

It is the insurance adjuster’s job to maximize the profits for the insurance company which employs him. Insurance companies make money by taking in more premiums than they pay out in claims. For this reason, insurance adjusters want to do whatever they can to minimize the amount that they pay out to people who have been hurt in accidents. One of the ways that they may do this is to get you to give a recorded statement in which they ask you seemingly easy questions that are designed to confuse you or to trick you into saying something that contradicts your injury claim.

A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Make Sure Your Rights Are Protected

You are under no obligation to provide a recorded statement without seeking the advice of your motorcycle accident lawyer. Instructing the insurance adjuster to contact your lawyer will not make you less likely to make a fair recovery and may instead ensure that your rights and your potential motorcycle accident recovery are protected.

Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers are also riders. We understand what you are going through and we understand what the insurance company is trying to do. If you contact us and we take your case, then we can make sure that you are treated fairly, that your claim is not harmed by insurance company tricks, and that you have every opportunity to recover for your medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, pain, and suffering. Please contact us today to schedule a free consultation and to learn more about your rights.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.