A study by the Insurance Research Council found that injury victims who use a lawyer receive significantly higher settlements than injury victims who deal with insurance companies on their own. If you have been injured in a Gurnee auto accident, it is a good idea to hire an Illinois accident attorney.

But how do you know that you have a good lawyer on your side? Hupy and Abraham provide a few guidelines on what you should expect.

Your Gurnee, Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer should...

Talk to you, ask questions about your accident, explain your rights and give you information about Illinois personal injury claims.

Review policies for both your health and car insurance. This will help determine what coverage is available for you, whether your medical insurance will pay some of your bills, and whether you will have to pay the insurance back if you win a lawsuit.

Estimate the total value of your accident claim, including current and future medical costs, loss of income due to your injury, loss of earning potential, disability, disfiguration, and pain and suffering.

Contact the insurance company on your behalf to set up your claim and attempt to negotiate a fair settlement.

Gather the information and evidence needed to support your claim. This may include medical records, police reports, bills, witness interviews, photographs, and expert opinions.

Be willing and able to file a lawsuit to get you a fair insurance settlement, if necessary.

Always keep you updated on developments in your case.

Let you know if there are any legal issues that may affect your case.

Help you to prepare if your case goes to trial.

Have knowledge of any liens on your case that will require payment when you receive your settlement.

For further advice, the Gurnee personal injury lawyers at Hupy and Abraham offer Illinois accident victims a free copy of their book, The Ultimate Guide For Automobile Accident Victims.

For a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation,
contact us today
in Gurnee 847-625-5500, toll-free 800-800-5678, or using our online contact form.