You are driving carefully. Your cell phone is put away, the music is low, and you are watching out for other drivers. Yet suddenly you lose control of the car and end up in an accident. Later, you find out that your accident and resulting injuries were caused by debris in the road.
You may be surprised. What kind of debris can cause Milwaukee car accidents? What should you do next?
Types of Debris That Can Result in Serious Accidents and Injuries
Debris accidents can occur when things:
- Fall off trucks. A truck load that is not properly secured can spill on to the highway. Sometimes it is a dramatic spill that immediately creates chaos. Other times it is one item at a time making it difficult to detect.
- Fall off car roofs or fall out of trunks. Mattresses, furniture, and other goods that don’t properly fit into vehicles can slip off and create a danger.
- Are left on the side of the road. Vehicle debris—such as ruptured tires or rusted-out mufflers—left on the road can also create dangerous conditions.
Any of these scenarios result in items that are low to the ground and that may be difficult to see…or to avoid.
Contact an Experienced Milwaukee Car Accident Lawyer If You’ve Been Hurt
Accidents caused by debris are not always the fault of the driver. Somebody else may be responsible for your accident, for the property damage done, and for your injuries. Accordingly, you may be able to recover damages that include, but may not be limited to:
- Medical expenses.
- Rehabilitation therapy costs.
- Out of pocket costs.
- Lost income.
- Compensation for your physical pain and emotional suffering.
For more information, we encourage you to contact an experienced Milwaukee auto accident attorney today at 1-800-800-5678 or 1-414-223-4800 and please read our FREE book, The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims.