At the end of every shift, Madison police officers have the opportunity to select incidents that they think have “significant public interest.” The officers can complete police incident reports, which are available to the public.
In 2019, officers included many traffic incidents as issues of significant public concern. Here, we looked at a random sampling of the motor vehicle accidents that Madison officers found to have a significant public interest to get an idea of what is happening on our city roads and where these accidents are happening.
21 Madison Motor Vehicle Accidents
The 2019 police incident reports included, but were not limited to, the following traffic incidents. On:
- January 3, 2019, a pedestrian was hit by a car and suffered life-threatening injuries on E Washington Ave at Pawling St.
- January 9, 2019, a moped driver was struck from behind by a car. The driver of the car was cited for following too close. The accident happened on the 3600 block of Speedway Rd.
- February 6, 2019, teens in a stolen car ran a red light and hit a woman’s car on Fish Hatchery Rd at Emil St.
- April 5, 2019, Madison Police tried to pull over a speeding car. The car lost control, went over the grassy median, and struck another car head-on on S Midvale Blvd at Travis Terrace.
- April 27, 2019, a hit and run crash left a pedestrian with a broken leg on Warwick Way at Seminole Highway.
- June 9, 2019, a hit and run accident caused a pedestrian to suffer serious injuries on E Washington Ave at Lien Rd.
- July 19, 2019, a motorcycle and SUV were involved in a fatal crash at the intersection of John Nolen Dr and N Shore Dr.
- July 23, 2019, a teen was involved in a hit and run accident and cited for reckless driving, speeding, and a stop sign violation on E Buckeye at Cottontail Trail.
- August 16, 2019, Wisconsin State Patrol and the Columbia County Sherriff’s Office pursued a suspect who crashed into a FedEx truck at the intersection of E Washington Ave & N Stoughton Rd.
- August 18, 2019, a hit and run driver hit a bicyclist who suffered minor injuries in the 700 block of S Gammon Rd.
- August 24, 2019, a car pulled out in front of a motorcyclist. The car driver was arrested for operating under the influence of intoxicants and causing great bodily harm at the intersection of Aberg Ave and Packers Ave.
- August 31, 2019, a hit and run driver hit a pedestrian who suffered injuries. The driver was arrested and faced multiple charges. The accident happened at the intersection of E Washington Ave and Hancock St.
- September 12, 2019, a rear-end accident caused two injuries on the 6400 block of Schroeder Rd.
- September 24, 2019, a bicyclist was struck by a hit and run driver in the 900 block of S Park St.
- September 29, 2019, a driver was cited for reckless endangerment after striking two people with whom he had a recent argument on Nantucket Ct.
- October 7, 2019, a driver went through a red light, collided with a couple’s SUV, and left the scene of the crash on Packers Ave at Darwin Rd.
- October 27, 2019, a driver faced hit and run and other charges after crashing into an SUV that had an engaged couple and their baby on S Thompson Dr near Emma Ct.
- November 2, 2019, a driver was arrested for unsafe lane deviation, operating with a revoked license, and other charges after he was speeding and lost control of his vehicle on West Beltline Highway near Todd Rd.
- November 4, 2019, a driver was arrested on multiple charges after crashing into a pedestrian who died in the crash on Highway 12 near Millpond Rd.
- December 6, 2019, a passenger grabbed the wheel of the car and was cited for reckless driving in the 300 Block of N Sherman Ave.
- December 14, 2019, a teen was driving a stolen car recklessly in East Towne Mall parking lot.
What to Do After a Madison Car Crash
If you have been hurt in any Madison car crash, then now is the time to take action. Wisconsin law limits the amount of time that you have to pursue a legal recovery. Please call our Madison office today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Wisconsin personal injury lawyers. Let’s discuss your legal rights, your potential recovery, and our Win or It’s Free Guarantee so that you have the information that you need to make an informed decision about protecting your future.