Police brutality evidence file Hupy and Abraham

You lost your loved one due to unnecessary force. We understand that it is a devastating, painful, and overwhelming loss. As you grieve and adjust to life without your loved one, it can be very difficult to know what to do next.

Protect Important Evidence

As the plaintiff in a police brutality wrongful death claim, it is up to you to prove what happened. This will require evidence. Depending on the specific circumstances and location of the incident that took the life of your loved one, this evidence may include:

  • Police cameras. Cameras on patrol vehicles, body cameras, and surveillance cameras in police stations may have captured what happened to your loved one.
  • Other cameras. If your loved one was hurt on the street, for example, then area businesses or homes may have captured the incident on their private security cameras and you may be able to get these recordings.
  • Police dispatch records. This should tell you which officers were at the scene of the incident. One or more of these officers may have used excessive force, and one or more of these officers may be witnesses to what happened.
  • Witnesses. It is important to find out if anyone else saw what happened. Their testimony may be very useful.

Other forms of evidence may also be useful in your case and should be discussed with your lawyer.

Talk to a Police Brutality Lawyer as Soon as Possible

It is not up to you to know what evidence to seek, how to report an incident of police brutality, or what steps to take after your loved one has been the victim of police brutality. Instead, you can leave these things up to your police brutality attorney who will advise you of rights and protect your potential recovery. To learn more, please contact us online or call us directly at 800.800.5678 as soon as possible. We would be pleased to provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation so that you can learn more about your rights.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.