Our motorcycle accident lawyer sees many crash survivors who suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD. Motorcycle accidents happen in an instant. The rider is enjoying his bike when everything changes. There is no warning and there is no way to prepare. Motorcycle crashes can cause serious physical injuries, but they can also cause mental and emotional injuries. PTSD is one of these injuries.
Symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder After a Bike Crash:
- Recurring dreams about the accidents
- Persistent flashbacks or memories of the accident
- Reliving the feeling experienced during the motorcycle crash
- Obsessing about the accident
- Acting as if the accident is still happening
- Anxiety or stress when reminded of the motorcycle crash
- Lack of interest in the motorcycle or anything associated with motorcycling
- Avoiding the scene of the accident
- Inability to remember the accident
- Loss of interest in favorite activities
- Appearing withdrawn or detached from family and friends
- Numbness or an inability to experience emotions
- A feeling of impending doom
- Insomnia or other sleep disturbances
- Emotional outbursts
- Difficulty concentrating
- Appearing “on alert” at all times
Are You Showing Signs of PTSD After a Motorcycle Accident? Contact Our Milwaukee Bike Crash Lawyer
If your loved one is showing signs of PTSD and they've lasted for more than one month after the motorcycle accident or started more than three months after the crash, encourage them to discuss their symptoms with a doctor or counselor. It is possible to recover from PTSD with help.
At Hupy & Abraham, our Milwaukee bike crash lawyer can’t fix your medical problems, but we can help you get justice and accountability after your motorcycle wreck if it took place in the state of Wisconsin.
Also, you can learn about your rights in The Ultimate Guide For Motorcycle Accident Victims or call us at 800-800-5678.